Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Martin Tracer Mag or Parker Hunter Mag >

Martin Tracer Mag or Parker Hunter Mag

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Martin Tracer Mag or Parker Hunter Mag

Old 08-13-2003, 09:18 AM

Default Martin Tracer Mag or Parker Hunter Mag

I' m in the market for a bow to get back into the sport...Hunt primarily whitetails and possibly a few hogs....Narrowed my choices (and am on a budget) down to the
Martin Tracer Mag or the Parker Hunter Mag....Used to shoot a bow several years ago wihout all the fixins that are available today....Just was wondering if one of these choices was better than the other..and if anyone owns either of the two...Thanks for any imformation you can provide concerning these two bows.
Old 08-13-2003, 02:55 PM

Default RE: Martin Tracer Mag or Parker Hunter Mag

Bowhack,I have owned a Hunter-Mag for five years.Solid bow,shoots easy,very good customer service.Even though I have had several bows since then,I still keep it for my back-up bow.
Old 08-14-2003, 07:22 AM

bowhack:

Only you know how many actual years " ...several years ago" represents, or how proficient you were when you did shoot, or how adept you are at troubleshooting. However, those are factors you need to factor in when considering your choices.

The high energy, short axle-to-axle, low brace height bows available today are very sensitive and can be difficult to obtain/maintain good accuracy in the hands of the wrong person.

That also includes certain accessories.
Old 08-14-2003, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, I can' t comment on the Martin, but I do have a Parker Feather Mag II that I' ve had for 2 1/2 years now. The cam is a little tough on my shoulder. I had a broken limb on it also. Parker took care of the broken limb, but I wish it would have never happened.
Old 08-28-2003, 12:32 PM
mrr

I was doing the exact same thing last year. After looking at and shooting several
different bows I ended up buying a Tracer Magnum and havent regretted it. To me the Tracer felt just as solid, quiet and as good qaulity as some of the 500 dollar bows. But I can' t say I tried the Hunter as I was looking for a shorter ATA length
for spot and stalking