Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 bowtech/matthews-which would you pick? >

bowtech/matthews-which would you pick?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

bowtech/matthews-which would you pick?

Old 07-13-2003, 05:29 PM

Default RE: bowtech/matthews-which would you pick?

As big country states shoot them both. I have owned Mathews(3), Hoyt, CCS and few older bows. Go to a bow shop and have them set one up for you to shoot. If they will not set one up for you go else where. There is a great bow shop in Buckhannon. He will set one up usually has some set up. Has a good indoor range to shoot in also.
I live in Webster Springs and work in Buckhannon and know the owner real well. If you want info to his shop respond to this post.
Old 07-13-2003, 09:33 PM

My comment will be towards the tuneability of the BowTechs. With the Duallys, you can change the draw modules in about 2 minutes and no bow press is needed. The modules are available in whole inch or 1/2 inch and run about $16.00 a set. If your draw still needs a little more or less, you can twist the string to get what you need exactly. As others have said, the BowTech factory string and cables by Stone Mountain are all what BowTech claimed they would be and IMO are nearly the same as Winner' s Choice products. From what I' ve seen with the 5 BowTechs I own, the birth cretificate that is shipped with the bow is very close to what the bow will do. I picked up 7 fps by going to another 1/2 inch in draw length by using the next size 1/2 inch module. Good luck!!
Old 07-14-2003, 09:46 AM
nub

Guns: I think if you have to ask that question, your not ready for either of those bows. Don' t take it the wrong way, I just don' t think you' d be happy with them. Try the patriot line.
Old 07-15-2003, 05:54 AM

I would have to steer you towards the Matthews. I hunt with a LX and also have a Legacy. These are the smoothest most forgiving bows I have found, and I' ve shot alot of bows. Remember, whatever you buy, speed is great, however accuracy is still the most important thing. You MUST be confident with what you shoot.

Isn' t it great to get so many opinions....

J. Shoot
Old 07-15-2003, 05:21 PM

I' m not much of a speed freak with a bow. I want to be as accurate as possible and really don' t care much about the speed of the bow. I shoot a Mathews Legacy and absolutely love it. I would recommend this bow to anyone. It' s not slow by any means either. If your looking into a fast bow, look at the new High Country that' s out. I saw it shot through a chrono and with a regular arrow it shot 350+.
Old 07-18-2003, 06:47 AM
nub

If your looking into a fast bow, look at the new High Country that' s out. I saw it shot through a chrono and with a regular arrow it shot 350+.
I think your eyes deceive you. Better check the weight on those arrows. Make sure you look at gr. per lb of draw and not gr. per inch of shaft.
Old 07-19-2003, 10:17 PM

I have been buying and tradeing bow this year to find what to me is the perfect bow I have had a pat dually ,pat s/c , ultra tec sprial cam .5 , ultra tec cam .5 , lx and legacy I have ended up with two legacys and am very happy
Old 07-20-2003, 12:16 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot a Mathews ' FX' and it isn' t the fastest around, but it is accurate and so quiet I have to check to see if I released it for a shot. [&:]
Old 07-20-2003, 07:03 PM

Our local shop will not even stock the Blackmax. While talking to the owner he stated that it is very unforgiving bow to shoot. A small amount of torque and the arrow flies into the next county. When the owner of the store tries NOT to sell you one of the most expensive bows, that tells me to find another one. I think speed is important but shoot placement is the most important. My 2cents find a bow that is a little slower and more forgiving. Good luck
Old 07-30-2003, 06:09 PM

legacy

Quick Reply: bowtech/matthews-which would you pick?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.