Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

QUEST "smoke"

Old 07-18-2010, 03:20 PM
Spike

Default QUEST "smoke"

Hi guys, this is my first post in this forum. I had an older Darton which I sold 3 years ago and now I wanted to get back into Archery hunting. After doing some research and testing a few bows I had narrowed it down to the QUEST "smoke" and the PSE "bowmadness xs". I shot both and still could not make a decision.

The PSE was shorter by almost 5" (which I liked) and shot good and was a tab bit noisier. I believe the IBO speed was maybe 8fps slower.

The QUEST was long but it seem to have a smoother draw and slighltly quieter with less vibration.

Both are excellent bows in my opinion for around the same price. In the end I decided to go with the QUEST.

Has anyone had experience with either?
Old 07-18-2010, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I picked up a Smoke a couple of months ago. Pretty much just to play around with, it was a great deal.
It is now my favorite bow and I'll be hunting with it this year. Really smooth, quiet and plenty fast.
You made a good choice in my opinion!
Good luck and welcome to the forum
Old 07-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Spike

I was impressed on how quiet and lack of shot vibration there was. I put a 4.5" S-coil stpabalizer on it, but I don't believe I would even need a stabalizer. I couldn't really tell the difference with or without the stabalizer vibration wise.

My old Darton sounded like a 22 going off every time I fired it. No cracking noise on this bow.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have one, but I really don't like it compared to my other bows. I guess it's just me. My guess is that I have way too many freaking bows.