Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Thumbs up for Martin

Old 06-19-2010, 03:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Thumbs up for Martin

I had recently purchased a '08 Martin Firecat at the local Martin dealer and had gotten it all tuned up and shooting well. Then at the range I noticed a busted strand on my string. I had shot bows before with one or two strands busted and I wasn't going to quit shooting - or so I thought. A few shots later all he(( broke loose. The string exploded, peep went flying (I found it about 15 ft away) and the bow made a horrible loud sound.
I took it back to the shop and told him to look it over. I spoke to him last night and found that the lower limb had a hairline crack. He called the company and they are sending him new limbs, cams, cables and string. Everything new but the riser. You can't beat that for CS. And all this because of a faulty string.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with you about Martin...they are the best when it comes to CS....
Old 07-26-2010, 09:33 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I had recently purchased a '08 Martin Firecat at the local Martin dealer and had gotten it all tuned up and shooting well. Then at the range I noticed a busted strand on my string. I had shot bows before with one or two strands busted and I wasn't going to quit shooting - or so I thought. A few shots later all he(( broke loose. The string exploded, peep went flying (I found it about 15 ft away) and the bow made a horrible loud sound.
I took it back to the shop and told him to look it over. I spoke to him last night and found that the lower limb had a hairline crack. He called the company and they are sending him new limbs, cams, cables and string. Everything new but the riser. You can't beat that for CS. And all this because of a faulty string.
Thats one of the reasons why I bought a 2010 ,Cheetah and a 2010 FirecatTR2, Not to mention I liked how they felt and shot.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah Ranger I also got a 2010 Cheetah. That is one sweet shooting bow. Just a couple nights ago I shot 3 arrows into a tight little cluster with the 4th one turning out to be a robin hood. Pretty cool until I realized it was about a $15 shot.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:19 PM
Spike

I am doing okay group wise with both of my Martins (love um)and DO NOT want a Robin Hood. Can't afford them.