Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Which rest do you prefer...dropaway or not? >

Which rest do you prefer...dropaway or not?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which rest do you prefer...dropaway or not?

Old 06-16-2003, 06:26 PM

Default Which rest do you prefer...dropaway or not?

Well, I' m picking up my Legacy on Saturday. I was wondering which rests you guys like. I' m not sure if I' m gonna go with a dropaway or a shoot-through. I know people like the Trophy ridge dropaway and with shoot throughs, I know people prefer the Nap 3000. I was just wondering though what everyone prefers!
Old 06-16-2003, 09:11 PM

Default RE: Which rest do you prefer...dropaway or not?

The NAP Quicktune 4000 is a better than the 3000, it has graduates scales for adjusting and shoots GREAT to boot.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really like the Power drop but you may want to check out that new TKO fall away that GKF has put up on the market I hear it is supposed to be a really good one for a very attractive price.
Old 06-17-2003, 05:42 PM

Muzzy Zero Effect is my personal favorite. The new version for the Mathews bows with the Roller guard system looks pretty sweet too.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:06 PM
tm
Fork Horn

I' ve used the Trophy Takers on my Legacy and LX an like them. Before I used the Bodoodle Pro 500 or Pro Lite and they worked well also.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:16 PM

ZERO EFFECT..... ZERO EFFECT.......... ZERO EFFECT...........You get the picture!
Old 06-17-2003, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

BoDoodle Pro 500 all the way. I thought you would have learned when i showed you up on the 3-d screen .......Just kidding man, call me when you get your bow,we' ll scout on Thursday and shoot on Monday.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Though I always like to try new equipment and though I have yet to find any real fault with the variety of drop away designs on the market I still tend to prefer the traditional " shoot through" designs. I like the compactness, adjustability and lack of extraneous linkages found on the more traditional designs. Because of these reasons the MBG Trapdoor dropaway rest was my personal favorite when I used them.

Now I currently have a Golden Key Futura Golden Premier on one bow and a GKF Infiniti rest on the other. Both have performed flawlessly and I have no problems with fletching contact.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:30 AM

gkf make a conversion kit for the golden preimer, they also make a fallaway version!

Old 06-25-2003, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

I' m currently using a Mathews prong rest on my Legacy. You can have it rigged either way, as a prong rest or a fall away! It gives you the flexibility to try both.

Quick Reply: Which rest do you prefer...dropaway or not?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.