Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Which rest do you prefer...dropaway or not? >

Which rest do you prefer...dropaway or not?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which rest do you prefer...dropaway or not?

Old 09-13-2003, 11:42 AM

Default RE: Which rest do you prefer...dropaway or not?

love my NAP 4000 shoots any style arrow no fletching contact sets up in minutes and micro adj.....
Old 09-13-2003, 03:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bodoodle Conquest II with the Dakota Arrow Holder mounted to it.You can take the bow twirl it,spin it throw it in the air and the arrow stays put, draw it back and its ready to go. (through something)
Old 09-14-2003, 05:57 AM

Whisker Buscuit is my #1 choice.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been using the Muzzy ZE over a year and I love it Several of my friends are using the NAP 2000 or 4000 and personally I dont think they even compare.

Yes it is a little expensive but how do you gauge quality Personally I paid 600.00 for my bow I use ACC shafts a mongoose release my sight cost around 60 bucks another 50 for a stabelizer in other words why in the world would I skimp on a rest to me its like buying a new gun pay 700.00 for a gun and then put a 49.00 walmart scope on it just doesnt make sence.

All of this said you setup is only as good as the person shooting it no rest will cure the problems of not practacing or jerking or a poorly tuned bow we owe it to the animals we persue to use the best we can afford and be the best we can be./
Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 09-15-2003, 10:37 AM

I wasnt sure when it came time to up date, I went with the golden key t.k.o. drop away, I am very happy with it , I am shooting better now and better groupes than with the spring rest i had .
Old 09-15-2003, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also have been using the TKO with EXCELLENT results from the rest.
I first put it on a Reflex Bighorn and liked how it worked so well that I now have one on My new Bowtech Stalker.
for a single cam bow you will need to set up the rest where the arrow sits in the rest about 1/8" nock high to compensate for uneven nock travel.

Single camSpeed bows with low brace heighths and verticle limbs do pose some tuning problems with trying to get a fallaway to work right.

Unless you are using some radically helical fletching or Turbo nocks you really dont need to use a fallaway rest.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

well i have been a tried and true tm hunter rest shooter for years. this year i broken down and bought a bodoodle 400. boy was that a mistake. i have struggled getting that thing tuned for 2 months now and just got fed up with it. i went up and traded it back in for a nap 3000 micro adjust rest prong tpye. man, is this rest easy to tune and my arrows are tack driving again. i also put one of the flipper arrow holders on it as my older flipper wouldn' t fit the new rest. i am sooooo happpppyyyyy now. good luck.