Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Has anyone used or seen this dropaway rest? >

Has anyone used or seen this dropaway rest?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Has anyone used or seen this dropaway rest?

Old 02-03-2006, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Default Has anyone used or seen this dropaway rest?

I think its a good looking rest, sure has nice features. Schaffer Generation II. I don't know anything about it let alone any kind of Schaffer rest. It may get my attention this weekend if I can find a shop that carries one.

Old 02-03-2006, 10:06 AM

Default RE: Has anyone used or seen this dropaway rest?

Personally, looks like too many adjustments. My experience (though limited) tells me that the more things that can move, the more that will.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:19 AM

it actually looks like its built like a tank to me. i haven't tried it, but i've heard great things about shaffer.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Thats what I thought too gibblet. I like the adjustments, especially the internal spring adjustment feature.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Typical Buck

I have personally never used one, however talking to people who have, they speak very highly of it.

I agree, it does seem to be built like a tank.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:50 AM

I like that rope adjustment feature. I hate trying to get a perfect length rope to get my dropaway to rise at the last second. I use the tab on the bowtech cable slide and trying to get it perfect length with a burnball on the end sucks.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:16 AM

WOW! I actually really like how that rest is built. It looks like it is engineered very well. If it had a bar across the top to make it a full containment drop away, I would give it a try. For all others who don't need full containment drop away, I would say get it. Very nice!
Old 02-03-2006, 12:45 PM

My pro shop highly recomends them, whenI set up my bow I really wanted one but it put me over my budget. I got a great deal on my trophy taker and it kept me under my budget. Probably 4 out of 5 guys that shoot at the local range have switched to them. I dont know if its just the hype but so far everyone likes them.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Fork Horn

I have the schaffer rest on my 05 ultratec and really like it. You can use this rest either standard or as a drop-away. I like the way they are built to a particular riser, and once mounted, they match up nice and will not move. These rests are built like a tank as mentioned above. When I got mine, the guy I spoke to at schaffer said that the rest will be pre-tuned at the factory to your bow. When I got it on my ultratec and shot it through paper, the center shot was perfect as well as the spring tension, and with one slight nock height adjustment, I got a nice paper tear. When using as a drop-away, you want to adjust the cord length so that the rest is at full height about one to three inches before reaching full draw. In fact, I just got off the phone with schaffer because I am going to order another one for my trykon xl. The only change to the rest for 06 is that the prongs are turned up more for better arrow containment even though I never had a problem with the other design. This rest is very quiet and easy to adjust. In the end, the decision is yours, but from my experience, this rest is sweet. Good luck and good shootin".
Old 02-03-2006, 02:04 PM

See where the Mat1 arrow is pointing on picture? Now look just below that arrow on picture andyou will see a threaded hole. Looks like that is the back side so no hardware goes in that hole from the left side. My question is, do you think you can make a aluminum skinny long arm, use a die to match the threads pattern andthen screw itinto those threadsand make it a full containment drop away? I know the hole looks a little too low, but if you came out of the threads, went 90 degrees up and then back out over the shelf itshould work.

Quick Reply: Has anyone used or seen this dropaway rest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.