Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Arrow Rest

Old 02-04-2010, 05:48 AM
Spike

Default Arrow Rest

I have been using a trophy ridge drop away for the past 5 years. Looking to pick up a new rest. I guest my question is that i'm looking for some honest opinons on whats new out there on the market worth switching to. No major problems with my current rest, has been a great product. Looking for a rest with better performance.

Thanks for any info.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:36 AM
Fork Horn

Talking

Originally Posted by cmfstone
No major problems with my current rest, has been a great product. Looking for a rest with better performance.

Thanks for any info.
Don't fix what isn't broken!!
But the RIP-CORD,QAD ULTRA HD and the LIMBDRIVER are the ones I would look at.I have been using the RIP-CORD for a few years and have had zero problems with it,although it will drop on a slow let down as does the LIMBDRIVER,where as the QAD ultra's all models will only drop when the bow is fired.I would recommend looking at these,They are all GREAT rest, and there are alot of other good ones out there,if you can go to a proshop and look them over,there like everything eles everybody has there favorite and you will have to find yours....... GOOD LUCK!
Old 02-05-2010, 03:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have sold, setup, and used on my personal bows many drop away rests. I would rate a few in the following order.

1. Vapor Trail Limb Driver
2. Ripcord
3. Drop Zone
4. Trophy Taker
5. QAD

They will all work if setup correctly, but IMHO some are just a little better and much simpler to setup. That determines the order for me.

Dan
Old 02-05-2010, 05:11 AM
Fork Horn

Limb driver. Period. Or exclamation point.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

I am getting the new 2010 Ripcord Code Red alot cheaper than the QAD hd!!
Old 02-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

The QAD Ultra is the rest for me, and I dont think an extra $10 is a lot more to pay for it.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the RipCord, and the Ultra HD, like them both alot
Old 02-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

Hurricane the QAD ultra rest hd pro is $139.99 and the Ripcord Code Red is 98.99 a little more than $10 no big deal but QAD has 3 rest!