Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

blackhawk vapor arrows

Old 01-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Spike

Default blackhawk vapor arrows

Are Blackhawk Vapor arrows made by Goldtip?
Old 01-05-2010, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would think so being as Gold Tip bought Blackhawk about three years ago.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:31 AM
Spike

The reason I am asking is because I wanted to buy some more CAA arrows from GoldTip and they have been discontinued. But, what I have discovered is that Blackhawk makes a Vapor CAA arrow with the exact same specs. I am just double-checking to see if it's the exact same arrow.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:38 PM
Spike

New technologies in the construction of carbon arrow shafts allow Blackhawk Archery Company to produce a longer-lasting camouflage finish that won't scuff or wear off. The high-definition camouflage pattern is printed on a thin fabric-like sheet of permeable material that is then cut to size and built right into the outer layers of select Vapor shafts.

The Vapor Camo ACA features sharp, high definition Advantage Timber or Realtree Xtra Grey camouflage under a clear surface coating using a process Blackhawk calls RACC (Radiant Armor Carbon Coating).

The non-glossy clear finish covers the camouflage layer and the whole package is baked together as it is cured to form the finished shaft. The resulting arrow will take many hundreds of shots without the camouflage finish showing signs of wear.

This new technology not only dramatically extends the life of camouflage on carbon arrows; it also makes camo carbon arrows more functional. Now you can use any adhesive, including quick-setting super glue derivatives, when fletching these shafts. The surface finish is completely stable and unaffected by chemicals. Also, the finish is smooth and is less likely to fuse to targets so the shafts are easier to pull out. This same smooth finish also produces less wear on arrow rests.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vaughn
The reason I am asking is because I wanted to buy some more CAA arrows from GoldTip and they have been discontinued. But, what I have discovered is that Blackhawk makes a Vapor CAA arrow with the exact same specs. I am just double-checking to see if it's the exact same arrow.
Just using my common sense I would say that they are the same arrow. I cn't see that GT would have even changed the manufacturing location or design of the arrow. Just print different logos on them. The only real change I had seen was that they changed the spine designation. The Vapor had a 4 number designation with the last two numbers matched to those on Easton arrows. I forget what the first two number were, but for example, one was marked as 3260 where the "60" coincided with the Easton ACC 3-60 and so forth.

The last I saw, GT was numbering them with spine ratings like .400, .340. .300 and such like most carbon arrows. All I can say is that it's about time somebody got their act together and started puting the actual deflection on the arrows like Easton does.