Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bear Lights Out?

Old 01-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bear Lights Out?

Has anyone ever owned one of these bows? I am looking into getting into the addiction of bow hunting and wanted to know if this bow was good or if their is any other bows that are better in the same price range. Such as the bow madness xs or the diamond rock.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

I can't tell you anything about that model,but my son has the Bear Showdown which was the cheapest model that Bear made that year and it is a fine shooting bow!and over the years Bear has made some very durable bows! There are many other Bows out there that are in the same price range! I would recommend that you try and shoot as many different makes and models as you can in your price range and find the one that feels the best,you will find that some will draw smoother,or will have a more solid back wall,or a smoother transfer from peak weight to holding weight,you will need to feel this for yourself and then make your choice!
IMO how a bow feels to you is more important than who's name is on it!
Hope this will help,and be ready to fall in love with this ADDICTION!! ITS AWSOME!!!!
Old 01-08-2010, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

Thank you for the advice. I will definitely shoot as many bows as I can because there is an archery shop right down the road from me.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Spike

I was at the shop today and a guy bought one. He had it set up and started shooting beside me. He was holding a really good group for getting it off the shelf and shooting. I thought it was fairly quiet and smooth. Great starter bow in my opinion.