HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Fred Bear Attack (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/307316-fred-bear-attack.html)

Fowlball 06-26-2010 07:12 AM

I bought an Attack back in April. I have put 500+ arrows through it so far and the other day I had Limb brake. I took it back the shop and they called Bear. Bear is sending out new limbs to me but they did not sound suprized thgat the limb broke. I still love the bow and have not found a smoother shooting, quieter, more dead in hand bow on the market yet.

mikieday 06-30-2010 07:27 PM

I just purchased a Bear Attack 50/60lb, 29in draw and i am very pleased with it. it maxes out at 63lbs and shoots like a dream..very fast and holds like a rock. the grip is going to take a bit of getting used to but I dont see a issue at all.

tcicon 07-11-2010 06:38 PM

It's a shooter

This is gonna be my next purchase! I just came back from Bass Pro and after shooting an ATTACK I'm blown away! You talk about sweet, it is. Smooth draw, no vibration, no kick, and very quiet. Super fast! Ishot 4 arrows and you could cover 3 with a quarter at 25 yards. Just my 2 cents worth.

bear attack 07-17-2010 10:19 PM

Bought the attack on the 13th. The bow peaks out at 74 pounds. Shoots like a dream and very fast. Thought I would run off a rabbit using a bludgeon tip (hope I spelled that right) and had a little problem. I was about 20 yards away and sent the arrow straight through the little sucker. Shoots a bit harder than I was expecting. Can't wait to try it on a deer!

bdn3 08-24-2010 07:39 AM

Got my new atack in last fri. ,I loved my truthII but it's not in the same league as the attack . Been shooting bear bows since 1973 and this is hands down the best yet

epicdoom 09-06-2010 11:44 AM

waiting on this bow should be a few days. A bit about myself I am an old salt worked in a pro shop for 13 years and an avid archer since the age of 14 im 44 now I have seen and shot just about every bow on the market since age 14. working in a pro shop was the best thing I ever did because I learned alot about the sport and how the tools work.

one of the best bows I have ever owned was a bear/ jennings carbon extreame. I say this because it's the only bow I never had to replace limbs on ever. funny thing is I shot AMO on all the others Pearson, york, golden eagle,onida, XI, you name it I was in the shop one day and decided to do some testing on the new Jennings so I fletched up some arrows in different weights/ spines. I ended up settled on an arrow that was 4 grains per pound at my 80# draw weight that arrow was shooting 315 fps all day long. I won my county championship with that bow and was ranked 3rd in my home state.

I was approached by a guy who came into my store and was laughing at me for shooting a jennings he claimed it was a POS and all bear jennings products were POS. I asked the guy to put his money where his mouth was he was shooting one of the first Mathews solo cams on the market. he agreed to the terms, I give him a brand new mathews from the rack fully loaded with anything he wanted if he won. If I won he gives me his mathews bow and I sell it for $50 to the next customer that walks through the door. after the smoke cleared I had robin hooded 2 of his arrows and left him knockless on 3 0f the remaining 4. My arrows he tore off 1 **** feather. in the end I let him keep his bow.

the moral of this story is the bow doesn't make the shooter, the shooter makes the bow period. sure some are more comfortable then others but none of that matters if the shooter has no skills to use it. I still have that carbon extreame and after 10s of thousands of arrows throught that bow at 4 Gr per pound she has only suffered a worn string and cables i retired that bow a 4 years ago when I had a heart attack. I was unable to draw and hold so I bought a crossbow to hunt with. I have been back shooting over the last year using my old York bushwacker 2 and decided to buy a new bear bow. I hope its as reliable as my last will keep you posted as to how I like it.

Joe

huntingkidPA 11-08-2010 04:12 AM

the look of that bow gives me chills! i love fred bear

bcbrave 12-28-2010 11:37 AM

epicdoom, i also have the jennings carbon extreme. My dad handed it down to me when i was 14 years old and killed a deer with every year with it loved that bow. I found it to be really fast for as old has it was. but now iam 17 years old and have just bought the bear attack and love it as well i would reccomend this bow to any one.