HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Fred Bear Attack (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/307316-fred-bear-attack.html)

zrexpilot 10-19-2009 05:13 PM

Fred Bear Attack

any reviews yet or are they even out.

332-340 fps

http://www.beararcheryproducts.com/b...mpound/attack/

bowkiller95 11-10-2009 11:53 AM

they arent out til janurary but you can bet ill be the first in my town to get one.

jag-mag 11-10-2009 04:14 PM

750.00 seems like alot of money for a fred bear bow. I have
not shot any of the bear bows lately so I'm just thinking out
loud.

wvnimrod 12-13-2009 06:18 AM

I was never a fan of bear bows i shoot mathews! But my son wanted to learn to shoot and since he looses intrest in things I didn't want to invest alot of money in a bow for him right away,I found a new bear showdown on ebay and got it for $170 delivered and set it up and was really impressed with it very lite and extreamly quite and shoots very well they have come along way over the years and I have to say for the lower end I would give them alook but if I were going to spend big$$$ on a new bow I'd go with Mathews or Diamond!

zrexpilot 12-13-2009 10:05 AM

its funny how you guys look down on fred bear.
Matthews has had a streak of broken limbs but thats ok ?

I just bought a fred bear truth ll.
Wouldnt trade it for anything.
296 fps with a hunting arrow, super quite, smooth draw, no recoil, and looks that kill and cheap too. Not to mention no broken limbs in 25 years of owning a fred bear.

bucksnortinted 12-18-2009 03:05 PM

The bear Attack is out there are people shooting them on A/T has good reviews,when a mathews dealer says its the smoothest bow he has ever shot thats saying something,becacause the smoothest bow i ever shot was an 05' Switchback

MISwampDog 12-20-2009 04:42 AM

I think it's funny that the fred bear line ie Bear Archery was the top bow line for years and years and people forget that. Seems to be mathews this and mathews that. Oh well. To each his own.

HeadHunterII 12-20-2009 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by MISwampDog (Post 3534422)
I think it's funny that the fred bear line ie Bear Archery was the top bow line for years and years and people forget that. Seems to be mathews this and mathews that. Oh well. To each his own.

That is due to the now generation. These days, most don't care about what they are getting... only that someone else said it was the best... regardless if that is the manufacturer, a magazine editor or some hunter on television.

Bear doesn't spend millions every year on advertising because they don't have to. They don't give bows to thousands of competetive archers because they don't have to. Bear doesn't have their own magazine, talking about how good their gear is, because they don't have to.

Bear fans are bear fans because of the history (grandpaw, dad shot one), the quality (Yep, just as high quality as bowtech, hoyt and mathews) and the price ($750 msrp for their flagship bow... much cheaper than most of the other big companies out there).

The same goes for a bunch of the other companies out there... pearson, darton... the old companies out there...

zrexpilot 12-20-2009 05:51 PM

well I didnt get the new Attack. I got a smoking deal on an '09 Truth ll that I couldnt pass up.
70lbs 29" draw and a 27" 400- 8.4 gpi arrow I got 288-296 fps out of it.
This is replacing my Bear TRX 32. The truth ll is very nice and quite and smooth, no vibration.
and heres my first kill with it.

JeffB 12-21-2009 04:45 AM

I have shot pretty much all the new "hot lick" bows for 2010, and although it's not my personal cup of tea, the Bear Attack is by a signficant amount the quietest, most recoil free bow I've shot. The DFC is pretty stout for a single but the transitions are smooth and it has a very nice comfortable valley. The IBO is is fairly inflated according to my shop's testing (mid to high 320s is more realistic), and the draw lengths def run long, but at the shot the bow is absolutely incredible- The D350, Z7, maxxis,DSUF, older Mathews like the SB/OB, Truth II, etc all fall behind the Attack for shot feel & lack of noise. I was surpised and floored at just how dead the bow is- and that was with absolutely nothing on the bow.

I think the closest thing to the "dead" feel of the Attack is prolly the BT General, but the attack feels tighter (in a good way) and is signficantly faster than the General.

Great bow.