Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Newbie needs advice on broadheads >

Newbie needs advice on broadheads

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Newbie needs advice on broadheads

Old 09-29-2009, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

I think you should pick up a quality fixed blade broadhead to use this season. (Like Muzzy, NAP, Magnus..etc.)

It's one less thing to worry about and more importantly, you need to know that your bow is tuned well enough to shoot a fixed blade broadhead in the same spot as your field points. (there are other issue to this as well, such as torquing the bow and arrow spine)
Old 09-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Typical Buck

Like the others have said, if you have any issue at all with the mechanical, DO NOT USE THEM!! There are many quality fixed heads. So long as your bow is tuned well and the heads spin true on the shafts they will fly with your fielpoints. I dissmissed them for years until I finally found one I was 100% confident would function.

Anything that reduces your confidence should be left at the camp.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:13 PM
Typical Buck

I wound up pickin up a set of the grizzlytrick 4 blade. They look pretty solid. I'll shoot alittle tomorrow with one of them to get the feel for em. Let ya know how it goes.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:23 AM
Spike

the throphy ridge meat seakers claim to be better than the rage and thats wat i shoot
Old 10-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

magnus makes fine product....if i didnt have all these bear razorcuts they would beon my trad rig :
i do like my rages, I sharpened the tip and the blades, pretty easy to do. never had one not pass through...
actually betweenn 4 guys i hunt with, never had one not pass through