Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

going carbon or not

Old 10-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Spike

have nothing but GOOD to say about the carbons that we use.........think they are both durable & strong
Old 10-14-2009, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

If you are shooting anything aluminum you should consider carbons. I have never broken a goldtip pro-xcutter. I have been using them for 4-5 years. They simply do not break, shatter, splinter etc. I had one that had the insert get pushed into the shaft and needed to be retired. I used to shoot aliminums.....til I decided to quit wasting money on new arrows every year.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Spike

Gold Tips or Carbon express terminators are both excellent arrows. I would shoot Carbon over Aluminum anyday. they are faster and more durable in the sense that if they are bad you going to know it. A slightly bent aluminum arrow will be hard to detect until you shoot it. really the only way your going to break a carbon is to shoot into a rock or tree at 270+fps I shoot CX terminators 6075 no complaints here! had 2 break on me, emailed CX and they sent me 12 new ones!
Old 10-25-2009, 03:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default fmj's this season

I am sticking to my fmj's this season, next year I'm gonna go and try these carbon arrows.
Speed obession got me for a little while but after seeing my heavy arrow penetrate my target, the woodenboard behind it and the wall after that, I'm satisfied.

thx for the input

F.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

yep the fmj are going to bend if they hit something i shoot maxma hunters light and real strong i have shot a deer a rabbit and squrrel with one arrow and still going strong