Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Pearson bows

Old 10-21-2009, 12:29 PM
Spike

Default Pearson bows

I've been looking around for a decent priced bow to get started on. Today I went into a shop and they had a Pearson Pitbull for $350 w/ sites and arrow rest. I'm just learning about bows and wondered if it's a good bow and a good deal. It was used and belonged to a friend of the shop owners. So what can you guys tell me? Any good?
Old 10-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Question Shape?

If it's in really great shape, that is not too bad of a deal. Pearson bows tend to lose resale value pretty quickly for some reason. They are usually pretty good shooters though. The Pitbull has Pearson's version of the CPS cam system, which I really like. They are easy to tune for good broadhead performance, but do require some knowledge to set for your draw length. Also, modules only cover about 1 1/2" of draw for each mod, so make sure it is a draw length you can use comfortably. The shop owner should help you out with that. The Pitbull will have a little more "thump" to it compared to newer parallel limb bows, but should shoot well and do the job for you. I would shoot it and some other bows and make up your mind based on the feel and shootability.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

yeah pearson has good bows but the pit bull is not priced right 350 is a little high i would look for something a little newer there r2b2 cams are untuchible