Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
HUnting with ultralight pro x-cutters >

HUnting with ultralight pro x-cutters

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

HUnting with ultralight pro x-cutters

Old 09-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default HUnting with ultralight pro x-cutters

Does anyone else use gold tip ul. pro x-cutters? I have a hard time finding them to buy. They are by far the strongest arrow I have ever shot though. They bounce off rocks and are totally fine. But they sure are expensive and most archery shops have never heard of them.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:53 AM
Typical Buck

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/prod...roducts_id=280

That being said, I don't think the X-cutters are a great hunting arrow. Great arrow for sure, just not a great hunting arrow.

The large diameter can cause more pronounced wind drift and arrow flight issues and the spine on those arrows is over the top stiff.

Most indoor shooters leave them full length and have a heavy point (~285gr) up front just to get them to spine on the stiff side.

On a hunting rig cut 28.5" or so with a 100 or 125gr head they would spine slightly weaker than rebar.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:19 AM
Typical Buck

I'm gonna be useing GT UL Series 22 Pros. Smaller diameter than the xcutters and such but a little larger than normal. Plus the bows i've been shooting prefer a stiff arrow anyway. I'll let you know who things turn out.

good luck!