Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Muzzys or Slick Tricks?

Old 09-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Spike

Default Muzzys or Slick Tricks?

I thikn this thread is explanatory....Muzzys Or Slick Tricks??..there both a great product..I personally shoot the muzzyz,but what yall think?
Old 09-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also like the Muzzy's, I have had good luck with them, they do the job.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Typical Buck

I have shot Muzzy for the last 5 years. This year I am going to try SlickTrick RazorTricks. So far practicing with them they are good heads. Hope to try them on a deer in 9 days. Both are great heads!
Old 09-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

There is a reason that Muzzy copied the slick trick magnum when muzzy made the MX4.

Muzzy - aluminum
Slick Trick - hardened steel

Muzzy - .020 and .025" thick blades
Slick Trick - .035" blades

Muzzy - decently sharp blades
Slick Trick - scary sharp blades
Old 09-04-2009, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

No doubt Slick Tricks have a lot going for them. They're both good heads. Muzzy has been around a long time and been proven. Although I haven't used Slick Tricks I really like the way the blades lock into the ferrule.

I put a lot of stock into this as blade retention is one of my major criteria when looking at heads. The last thing I want is a blade to peel off in an animal and I'm going to have my hands up inside that animal when gutting, wondering how many fingers I'll have left when I pull them out.

So when it comes to the blade retention idea my three top choices are Slick Trick, Muzzy, and InnerLoc. To that end I use InnerLoc, simply because I've had them for 7 years and see no reason to blow more money on something I don't need.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been using Slicks since they came out, and they are amazing broadheads. Extremely durable, accurate, excellet flight, and scary sharp. If it is between Muzzy and Slick, there really is no question to be answered, every category the Slick takes it, just like bigbulls points out.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

STs all the way!~
Old 09-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

Have been shooting the Slick Tricks for a few seasons now and I really like them.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot both and slick tricks get my vote.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Typical Buck

I hunted with Muzzy's for about 6 years. Then I toyed around with Montecs...went back to Muzzy. Then I tried the Slick Tricks. I can't imagine going back to Muzzy. The Slick tricks are crazy sharp out of the package and in my opinion are more durable. While setting up my bow last year, I made a major adjustment poorly and sent my Gold Tip XT arrow tipped with a Slick Trick into the Stainless Steel 3" tubing that holds up my swimming pool diving board. It "punched" a perfect "plus sign" + into the metal. It didn't hurt the arrow or broadhead. It popped my nock off the shaft, the blades were dull, but not broken. If it can do that to steal, then it can do that to a shoulder.

SLICK TRICKS all the way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.