Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Quiver help...

Old 05-16-2003, 08:26 AM
voz
Fork Horn

Default Quiver help...

I' ve been thinking about removing the quiver I have from my bow, and possibly getting a quiver I can carry on my back. My thought was to get the arrows " out of the way" , to place where they are more protected. In addition, I' ll get some weight off my bow. The only downside I can think of is the chance shot oppertunity of seeing a deer on the way to my stand. Something tells me though, that I haven' t thought of everything because everyone I run into with a bow, has a bow monted quiver. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.
Old 05-16-2003, 08:48 AM

Default RE: Quiver help...

Well I' ll give you my $.02 . Back quivers are expensive , but awesome !! My Kwickee quiver costs me $12 and my Rancho Safari Catquiver II was about $ 90 .
However I was continually getting my bow mounted quiver hung up on vines and saplings . I never liked shooting with it on and I dropped it before when trying to put it in my pack while I was 20' up in a tree . I also tried a hip quiver and never liked it either. The Catquiver is very comfortable , holds all my gear , more arrows than I' ll ever take, and as far as a shot opportunity goes........it' s just as easy to get an arrow out and nocked as it is with a bow mounted quiver . And when going into thick brush it' s a lot easier with a quiver on your back - Trust me !!
Old 05-16-2003, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont care much for the back quivers but I really like the Kwikee hip quiver has extra storage for your release and what ever else you may need to carry and right there convinient when you need it.
just my .02
Old 05-17-2003, 11:17 AM

I' m not using a bow mounted quiver, and I didn' t spend a lot of loot on a catquiver. I just stuff my hip quiver in my backpack. Works for me.
Old 05-22-2003, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only thing I didn' t replace when I bought my new set-up was the Kwikee quiver. I' ve used Kwikee' s from the beginning. I carry it on my bow until I get ready in the tree and then remove it and attach it to the tree with a little device I made out of sheet metal. It cost me nothing, weighs next to nothing and works great! By removing the quiver, you don' t have to tune for having a quiver full of arrows after practicing all summer without one. It' s lighter and more manueverable in tight set-ups and also quieter.