Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

HHA Sight,need opinions

Old 08-29-2009, 06:36 PM
Spike

Default HHA Sight,need opinions

I recently just purchased the HHA Optimizer Lite Ultra DS-5019 sight,IT should be in sometime next week,i cant wait to put it on my matthews switchback XT..Maybe someone can explain how this sight works??..and if you think it will be worth the 180$ it is to buy.Let me no..Thanks
Old 08-30-2009, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

Well, last year I bought the HHA Oprimizer 5000 and I put it on my Switchback XT and have been very impressed with it. The way it works is pretty simple after you get your sight set up. As far as the price, that is relative. I did not spend that much for mine.

All the instructions will come with the sight and show you how to set up the sight to your bow. Once you get the sight adjusted for the distances you want to shoot it is just a matter of moving the lever to the correct yardage and the pin is dead on. I hope you will like the sight a lot.

The one thing you must do is not give in to buck fever and forget to adjust your sight for the correct yardage. With todays fast bows you can set your sight on the 20 yard pin and if the deer comes in closer than 20 aim a little low, if it comes in around 30 yards aim a little high. If the deer comes in at greater than 30 yards move your sight up to the corresponding yardage. Hope this helps and is not confusing
Old 08-30-2009, 09:55 AM
Spike

Thank you much,yah im new to this 1 pin sight stuff,i have heard very good things about them,so i want to give it a try,i live in nebraska and bow season starts in 16 days(september 15th),and i should get the sight the 2nd of september,so im going to have to do a lot of shooting,im sure i will love the sight,It just might be difficult for me to be sure to move the dial when im out hunting and know that i dont have 5 pins just 1,lol.thank you
Old 08-30-2009, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

It does take a little getting use to but make sure that you do practice as much as possible. That is cutting it pretty close for season. Last year I got mine and worked with it out to 60 yards. I was fairly confident shooting at that range but would probaly not ever shoot at a deer that far. The thing I like about the one pin sight is that there should be no confusion on which pin to use since you only have one. Just keep in mind your ranges and adjust accordingly
Old 08-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

I have the HHA single pin sight on a Hoyt Ultramag and a PSE X Force. I love the sight and I'm sure you will too. Easy to use and no pin confusion. I look at my most likely shot range and preset that range into my sight once up the tree.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Spike

Wildlife, I live in Nebraska also near omaha and got my HHA about a month ago and love it. it took me about 2 hours to sight in. from 20 to 60 yards it is great. I went and shoot last night it was about 815 or so and i couldn't see to target because the pin was so bright. You will not have to worry about not seeing the pin for sure.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:58 PM
Spike

awesome bsfree,yah i had it sighted in yesterday 10-60 with FP's,but i went out and shot my muzzys and they were nowhere close to my FP's,so i took the sight tape off and put new blank tape on and shot 10-60 in 5 yard increments so i made sure my muzzys r sighted in,now im ready to go,write me a message on here and lets keep in touch this nebraska hunting season