Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Plano SE44 bow case review. >

Plano SE44 bow case review.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Plano SE44 bow case review.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Plano SE44 bow case review.

I just received one from BPS.They have them on sale for 29 bucks.After looking into whats available in both soft and hard versions I chose this one.Overall it's a very nice case well worth the cost.There are tie downs for the bow and room for plenty of arrows/accessories.They provide screws/mounting holes to hold a quiver with arrows in it but you have to buy the quiver bracket separately.The case is somewhat bulky but there's plenty of crunch space to protect the bow so that's ok with me.It wouldn't be my choice for air travel but if you're just looking for a nice case at a decent price this would be a great way to go.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:42 AM
Fork Horn

The only drawback I have with them is that the airlines are hard as hell on them. Had one a few years ago and I got into Moline, Il for a hunt and I opened up the case and all my arrows were all ove rhte case and the velcro strap had broke away from the case where it screws into the case. I got a SKB case after that.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by midsouth_hunter
The only drawback I have with them is that the airlines are hard as hell on them. Had one a few years ago and I got into Moline, Il for a hunt and I opened up the case and all my arrows were all ove rhte case and the velcro strap had broke away from the case where it screws into the case. I got a SKB case after that.
Yea, I gotta agree here. You get what ya pay for. I also went and got a SKB for travelling, although their not foolproof either- My then 9 yr old son took a running jump on mine but it just cracked a couple inches. A plano would have been destroyed.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:32 AM
Fork Horn

At least SKB has a $1500 insurance policy on damage. I don't think it is covered against 9 year olds jumping on them though. Ha