Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Choosing the right bow

Old 08-11-2009, 02:46 PM

Default Choosing the right bow

I'm looking to by a new bow in the next couple weeks. After researching, shooting and researching some more I've narrowed it down to three bows. All of these bows are comfortable for me to shoot. I would be happy with any of them, but I want it to be a bow that last a few years with as few problems as possible. I love to shoot, (and not half bad) but I'm no tech. This will be my first bow that I set up completely by myself.
I'm looking for some feed back on these three bows. The PSE Bow Madness (32), Bear The Truth 2, Bear Done Deal.
I'm a fairly big guy 6'3" 215lbs.
I really like the Truth 2, but I've seen quite a few negative reviews concerning string wear.
I also really like the PSE, but the grip is not quite as comfortable as the Bears. And it also concerns me that it is a very "new" bow and has not had a lot of "field time" to address any wear concerns.
Yes, I posted this on another section, but I realized I probably didn't post it in right area. Newbies... gotta love'em.