Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

new bow???? please help

Old 07-30-2009, 06:55 AM
Spike

Default new bow???? please help

Hey guys look here's my dilemma I just sold my hoyt katera I want to upgrade with a bigger brace height bow and a tad lighter setups I shot almost every bow out the mathews I don't like neither do I like bowtech so that leaves me trying to decide in between a alpha max 32 (bone collectors) edition or the 2009 pse dream season gx. The thing is I have shot hoyt for nearly 4 years now but it seems as if the amax has a string twang after the shot causing vibration to where the pse has virtually none it also seems as if the string suppressor on the hoyt doesn't touch the string to where the pse does can you guys give me some insight and opions. On these bows thank you so much
Old 07-30-2009, 07:14 AM

Default Dream Season GX

I will have mine today and will set it up and shoot it tonight so I will let you know what I think...I shot one at the pro shop and I fell in love with it

Wes
Old 07-30-2009, 08:10 AM
Spike

Hey wes thank you so much were you looking at any other bows or shot any different ones?

Any other advice guys?
Old 07-30-2009, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can adjust the string suppressor on the AM so that it touches. I've never shot the PSE but that alphamax is an awesome bow, if I had the money it's the one I'd get.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:57 AM
Spike

Hey centaur how can you adjust the bar on the alpha max I needa get my bow now to start shooting it so I'm gona go up I think today or tommorow to make my decison and shoot my bow
Old 07-31-2009, 07:20 AM
Spike

Come on guys I know someone has to have some more advice for me I speding 850 bucks no matter what so I want every bit of info and pros and cons on both these bows thank you in advance please help a brotha out
Old 07-31-2009, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

In the July field and stream they have the 09 bow shootout..and heres the hits and misses on the Hoyt . The Hits are: The back wall is solid, the draw cycle is good and its very light weight. The misses are: There was some hand shock despite trying to mask it. I havent shot the dream season but ive shot the Hoyt and its awesome. If i was in need of a new bow id deffinately get it. I shoot a hoyt Vectrix now and love it despite the weight. But hoyt has shed alot of weight on the Alpha Max
Old 07-31-2009, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

I shot a Martin Firecat the other day and it's pretty impressive, and a nice price.