Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
An alternative to Carbon Express Maxima? >

An alternative to Carbon Express Maxima?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

An alternative to Carbon Express Maxima?

Old 07-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default An alternative to Carbon Express Maxima?

I have been needing to get a dozen of new arrows this year. I have been shooting Carbon Express Maxima 350's for the last two years but their price has gotten really expensive. Anybody have a suggestion for a comparable arrow in terms of quality, weight, and performance?
Old 07-29-2009, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

i used to shoot carbon express maximas, but I switched to the easton epics st's. cheaper, and they shoot just as good.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot Beman ICS hunters and there only $7 a piece with blazers you almost cant beat that.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

Easton Flatlines. Great arrows for a great price. You could also take a look at the new Easton N-Fused Epics. They've quite a bit heavier than the Maximas but they fly great, have excellent penetration, and are priced great.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

What I hate about the Maximas (and all the CX arrows).....

Made in Korea

The Epics and the ICS Hunters are both good arrows. I'm thinking of going back to ACCs or hell even XX78s this year. I was going to buy another dozen Mathews Max Hunters.... but to be honest, they aren't flying exceedingly well off the bow. I haven't had the time to sit down and tinker on it (I'm swamped working on customers bows... ok... and fishing).

Up until Gold Tip moved their plant... I'd of steered you towards XT Hunters.... but they seem to kinda suck as of late... not near as consistant as they were when Victory was making them.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

Yes, I am caught in an arrow dilema. I have been using hte Maximas for a while and have about 6-8 good arrows but was wanting to pick up some additional ones. Their price has gotten out of hand and yes mde in China or Korea. Easton is ome of the very few arrows made in the USA but they are much heavier than the Maximas, I have been looking at the Gold Tips but they are also foreign made.