Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Is there a site that teaches you the safest way to use a climber? >

Is there a site that teaches you the safest way to use a climber?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Is there a site that teaches you the safest way to use a climber?

Old 07-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Spike

Default Is there a site that teaches you the safest way to use a climber?

I bought my climber at a yard sale.The guy I bought it off was getting too old to use it.He did not have the directions that came with it though.
I have both parts roped together,so I won't lose the bottom.I've been about 10' off the ground with it.I'm sure there are proper angles to use as the tree gets thinner.Please help me,Thanks
Old 07-30-2009, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check Summit's website. They issue a video with all their stands, so they may have one for sale separately. It might not be the same as your stand but the basics are the same.

I don't know that it will say anything specific about setting the stand at an angle or how much. This is pretty much trial and error as all trees can be a bit different.

One thing I would always recommend is to learn the right way from the start as far as safety is concerned. That includes learning to use a full body harness of some sort even while climbing and taking your time.