Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

hennessy hammocks

Old 05-30-2009, 08:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default hennessy hammocks

I know this isn't something you screw on your bow but I was looking at their website and found that they know what they're talking about.
Was wondering if someone has one ?
Or care to give input ? I slept in a homemade sort of thing in Suriname.

http://www.hennessyhammock.com/

thx

Frank

Old 05-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: hennessy hammocks

Hennessy are generally highly regarded. I spent a few nights in one. They are pretty well made, etc. The one negative thing I hear most about them is that they are very slippery inside and everything seems to end up in one big ball in the center by morning; especially if you haven't been diligent in setting it up very level in the first place. I found this to be somewhat true when I used one. Bottom line, hammocks have pro's and con's just like tents when it comes to light or ultralight back packing. You might consider the Clark Jungle Hammock as well. They are my preference.

This is a good sight for reading in depth reviews. They've done a lot of Hennesy reviews, but there are others to give some perspective. What I like about this is that the reviewers give their bios and experience levels:

http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Shelters/Hammocks/
Old 06-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Spike

Default RE: hennessy hammocks

Great Product.. Easy to pack and setup. Make sure you get the snakeskins they really help when packing up. The only problem I've found is the lack of a underside wind barrier. You will sleep a little on the cold side. The best workout I found for cold night was a Big Agnes sleeping bag with integrated pad.