Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

The Bow Turbo

Old 05-21-2009, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default The Bow Turbo

Hey guys was going to tell you about this aftermarket item,the bow turbo,that attaches to your cable guide that works really well... It replaces the cable slid, and holds your cables in like they are making on some of the new bows, ie. bow tech... Anyway,it can increase you speed, increase your draw length, and poundage depending on how you set it up. I'm is in the "static position" so it did not increase my draw length. It increased my poundage by one pound. It did give me about 9 fps, but the reason I love it is because it as made my draw so much smoother.... I really like it and IMO it's a great product...
Old 05-22-2009, 05:11 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: The Bow Turbo

Just please be wary of the fact that the cable slide rod you've fixed-mounted this thing to is not designed to accept the forces you're applying to it, now.

Basically, you have one or possibly two set screws pressing against the rod @ the riser and now you're applying "outward" forces of some pretty decent magnitudes against them, trying to pull the rod out towards your face and shoulder. This is true even with the device located in the so-called static position, although the force isn't going to be as great as it would be with the device slid toward the riser.

As far as the "increase speed, poundage and draw length" claims, those are all highly debatable, and not all are made by the maker.

The Bow Turbow is nothing more than a roller guard/guide, the same thing used in 2009 by Mathews (Reezen, Monster, Drenalin, Switchback), Bowtech (Admiral, Captain, Sentinel, Air Raid, Airborne), Diamond (Iceman, Marquis), but the difference is that the attachments are made with the intention of adding forces there. By adding another pair of pulleys, they increase mechanical advantage.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Also, this product will void a lot of manufacturer warranties for the above-stated reasons.

I obviously won't speak for other manufacturers, but I am authorized to speak for BowTech and I'll tell you that you will instantly void your warranty if you install this product on a BowTech bow.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

Have yall seen any failures w/ the devise where it has cause injury to the shooter of bow??? Thank you so much for your input.