Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

trail cameras

Old 05-19-2009, 05:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default trail cameras

Ok guys need some input,what are some good trail cameras that are on the market,I'm wanting to find a good middle of the road (when it comes to price}camera that will get the job done and one that I can depend on,one with good battery life would be a plus.Thanks
Old 05-20-2009, 03:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: trail cameras

treboryerf,

It depends on what you mean by mid-range. I would consider 200.00 or so to be mid-range and in that category there are some really great cameras. Scoutgard, Moultrie I-40, Bushnell Trophycam, and Cuddeback Capture are all in that range and take really great pics. You might want to visit the trailcam thread on this site and see the different examples of pics from the various cameras. I would also advise you to check out www.chasingame.com they do unbiased reviews on just about every camera out there. Another good place for reviews and to buy from is www.trailcampro.com I have bought several cams from this site and their customer service is out of this world. You can even call them up, their number is on their website, and they will spend an unlimited amount of time with you helping you to pick out the right camera for your situation. Call them and you will see what I mean. Hope this helps.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Hereare a couple of examples of pics from my Moultrie I-40 day and night. By the way, battery life on the Moultrie is 4-5 months on a set of d-cells.

Here are a couple of pics from a new camera that I just bought. It is a Stealthcam I-590, sells for about 100.00.So far I have been very pleased with it. Battery life on theStealthcam is about one month. It takes 6c-cells

Sorry, I guess I didn't have any nighttime pics from the Moultrie but these should give you some idea.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 05-20-2009, 07:18 AM
Spike

My wife won't let me buy expensive ones anymore so I bought a Cuddeback Capture this spring and the pictures are as good as the ones I get from my Cuddeback Experts. It will take a 2GB SDcard and for around 200.00 I could'nt be happier. Hope this helps, Good luck. deerman
Old 05-20-2009, 09:45 AM
Fork Horn

Kind of a side question here but has anyone experianced deer spooking after a picture has been taken???
Old 05-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks JIM;and yea I wouldn't mind spending 200.00,I just did not want to spend much over that and battery life is a major consideration for me,I will checkout those sites you suggested.Oh the stealth cam looks like it works great and for 100.00 bucks can't beat that.I can live with amonth long battery life.Thanks again everyone!
Old 05-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shelled out FAR to much money on dozens of the cheaper, more popular, trail cams. I'll save ya some time and frustrations.... buy a Reconyx! These cams are amazing and instead of wasting all the money to experiement with all the cams I have.... I should have been saving to buy more Reconyx cams! They truly are FAR better than anything else I've seen to date.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:22 AM
Spike

I can honestly say for all the years of using flash with my cameras I probalely have less than 10 pictures with spooked animals.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

ive never had one spook froma flash, and if youre allowed to bait the corn will bring them right back any way.. i love my moultrie gamespy 4.0.... got it for about 100