Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rage 40KE

Old 05-03-2009, 07:23 PM

Default Rage 40KE

Not on the rage broadhead website yet, but Cabela's is selling them. Anybody bought them yet, tried them? I'm very interested and might just have to try them myself.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rage 40KE

I think they would be perfect for you I know we had that discussion a few months back, but i really think these will be great for low ke setups.

Derek
Old 05-19-2009, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

I have taken 4 deer with the rage 2 blades. All have been very quick kills but the last three did not produce an exit wound which scared me enough to try a different head this year. Luckily my shot placements were on point or i would not have had much of a blood trail to follow. With such a wide cutting diameter they require more energy to penetrate deeply, but they do provide a ton of carnage.

Last edited by dstubb; 08-31-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:45 PM

I got my wife a pack to use last week on a hog hunt with her 45# bow, at 22 yards she got a good broadside shot and the arrow did penetrate through both sides however the fletched end of the arrow stayed roughly 4-6 inches in. Left good trail, and we did recover the hog ater about 50 yards or so. I liked em.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:15 AM

I have to post here...

I usually do not 'rant' about much but.. If you have a low 'KE' setup you are MUCH MUCH better off with a 100 grain Grizzly head, or a head from ABOWYER - both 2 blade heads. If you look at the rage VS these there are MANY differances but I can assure in no way does the rage compare. The fly GREAT and are 10X stronger and will out penetrate a rage 5 to one... Dont believe me ... read some of the articles on 'tradgang' web forum under the topic "Dr. Ed Ashby Reports" There is a LOT of info there and you will be a while but will learn more about what REALLY makes a broadhead kill than anything you will read this year....

Take a look, you deserve it but more so the deer do... it should be required reading for a deerhunter with a bow....

Good luck friend....
Old 05-23-2009, 11:44 PM
Typical Buck

I'm no engineer, don't even play one on TV. This is merely my thoughts and not meant to bash anyone's selections of broadheads. I don't like mechanicals, even in high poundage, high KE, fast bows. The require energy to deploy the blades. Energy that I would rather ust to push the arrow through the deer.

Me personally, I'd use a head like a stiker or slicktrick for a lower KE bow. Or even a two blade like magnus stingers.

that's just me and my irrational thoughts though. I have many of them
Old 05-24-2009, 03:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cartman308

I'm no engineer, don't even play one on TV. This is merely my thoughts and not meant to bash anyone's selections of broadheads. I don't like mechanicals, even in high poundage, high KE, fast bows. The require energy to deploy the blades. Energy that I would rather ust to push the arrow through the deer.

Me personally, I'd use a head like a stiker or slicktrick for a lower KE bow. Or even a two blade like magnus stingers.

X2, if your shying away from the original because of low ke why take a chance on these? The smaller head size now brings them in line with all of the fixed blade heads, so the advantage of having the larger cutting diameter is negated.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Centaur 1

X2, if your shying away from the original because of low ke why take a chance on these? The smaller head size now brings them in line with all of the fixed blade heads, so the advantage of having the larger cutting diameter is negated.
i do agree that the cutting diameter is negated BUT the cutting isnt the best thing about the rages imo[:-] They fly just like field tips, even out of an untuned bow...

Derek
Old 05-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do respect that you state your opinion elegantly unlike some on the forumsbut i have to disagree about the whole ke thing. The bows that do have a high amount of momentume and ke say... 80#'s with a 400gr. arrow. That is litterally about twice as much energy that is needed to kill a white tail. I DONT disagree tho, that usiing a 2" rage 2 blade out of a bow only producing around55#'s of KE is a good thing either. We see too often on here that people just dont get the pass thrus with them. Which is why i always recommend the 3 blade

Different strokes for different folks!

Derek
Old 05-26-2009, 01:04 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: drockw

I do respect that you state your opinion elegantly unlike some on the forumsbut i have to disagree about the whole ke thing. The bows that do have a high amount of momentume and ke say... 80#'s with a 400gr. arrow. That is litterally about twice as much energy that is needed to kill a white tail. I DONT disagree tho, that usiing a 2" rage 2 blade out of a bow only producing around55#'s of KE is a good thing either. We see too often on here that people just dont get the pass thrus with them. Which is why i always recommend the 3 blade

Different strokes for different folks!

Derek
I try not to ruffle any feathers.......normally.

Another reason I shy away from mechanicals is my luck. I have to eliminate as many things that could fail as i can. Murphy is not very kind to me.....

Quick Reply: Rage 40KE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.