Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

How Good is PSE X-Force

Old 04-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default How Good is PSE X-Force

Was at the shop today and shot the X-Force, it was the "Dream Season" model... Has anyone had experience w/ this bow? I have not heard much about it on this site, althought I don't check everyday... Thanks
Old 04-29-2009, 11:10 AM
New Sheriff

Default RE: How Good is PSE X-Force

I shot ALL of the top brand names and ended up buying the X Force. I had 4 things I was looking for; smooth shooting/accurate, fast, quiet, and a dependable manufacturer. It's as smooth shooting as any "non-speed" bows out there, faster than greased lightening, surprisingly quiet, and PSE is a brand you can count on. I was cutting veins from day one. I shot at two animals last year, a coyote at 25 yds that never knew what hit him and a doe at 40 yds that I put a passthru shot on. Until I got the X Force I never shot at deer at that range. I practiced a good deal out to 50 yds so I was confident I could kill it, and I did.

You wont regret it.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:17 AM
Fork Horn

I went today and shot it again... It seems really quite and it shot 286fps with an 340 grain arrow at 60lbs... It sure seems fast but that fast??? Not sure if the chronograph was right. I shot an '08 model and just can't get over how smooth the draw is for a "speed bow". It does not feel like a "speed bow".. Shots like acam and half. Wish I could get more feedback, thanks Mr4pt..
Old 05-01-2009, 09:56 AM

I haven't shot it my self so no real input, but a few guys I see at the range shoot it and love em...they still have them and they are guys that upgrade all the time...if that tells you anything.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:17 PM

I have owned two x-forces although they are the ss models they have been great bows to me. i shot the dream season and loved it but i hunt out of ground blinds quite often so i got the ss.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

For another bow...I am looking at the PSE's or the Martin Warthog, and also looking at the Carnivore.
PSE's rank high on the list though...
Old 05-30-2009, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

I shot one and wasnt really too impressed. I think for the bang i would rather have a HCA iron mace or a bowtech 101st. I thought it was quiet too, untill i shot the center pivot bows from bowtech.
I thought that compared to other Bows, the draw cycle was meh, the speed was great and the feel was Mediocre, but you really gotta shoot everything, so you know what YOU like.
a bow is individual, and we are all different.
Its a well made bow, and PSE is a good company (way better now then ever before)
Old 07-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Spike

I love my PSE Dream Season. The two things that really stand compared to my Hoyt, are the speed and sound. I know alot of guys who would prefer to have a bow that shoots quieter vs. quicker, well this bow does both. Out of the box last year my bow was chronographed @ 327 fps. Also check out the Bowtech Admiral.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

I have an 08 Dream Season and think that it is a great bow. It all depends on what the shooter wants though. It is relatively easy to shoot, but the valley is narrow. The draw cycle takes some getting used to as well.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

i went from a hoyt magna tec to the 09 dream season. so far i love it.