Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

String Question

Old 03-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default String Question

Hi guys, I have a new Diamond Nitrous on the way and I've read that it's best to use an aftermarket string from the get-go. Is this the case with this bow, and if so, who makes a good pre-stretched string I can order?? If I opt'd to leave the factory string on, how many shots before it is "broke in?"
Old 03-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: String Question

The BowTech strings are very high quality. If you are like me you might opt to have a spare set around, and choose your own colors for your string & cables.

The VaporTrails are as good as it gets, and I am still running a special on them. Either way it should not take many shots to settle things in and get ready to get down to business.

Dan
Old 03-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with everything Dan said. But, "not take many shots" is kind of subjective: I think we probably agree that "not many" is somewhere between 50 and 75, and with a brand new bow and the excitement that comes with it, that's about half an hour of shooting. To put it another way, about the time you've gotten your sight adjusted and are getting the feel of the bow, you're at the "not many" part.

Let us know how you like that Nitrous!

(And by the way, I got my VaporTrail strings & cables from Dan.... along with a bunch of other stuff, and I keep giving him my business.)
Old 03-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

Dan / Bruce, thanks for the info. I'll keep you posted.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sure glad I had an extra set this weekend. Dan has taken care of me with Vapor Trail. Great strings, great service, and a heck of a price.