Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Debating Which stand Summit or Lone Wolf ? >

Debating Which stand Summit or Lone Wolf ?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Debating Which stand Summit or Lone Wolf ?

Old 01-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Debating Which stand Summit or Lone Wolf ?

I own both as well and use the Lone Wolf with some modifications...

Follow this link for an indepth review on the stand.

http://forums.bowhunting.com/yaf_postst252_Lone-Wolf-Sit-and-Climb-review.aspx
Old 02-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Fork Horn

I currently have an api that weighs 27lbs. I am considering the lone wolf and a summit razor ss. The sumitt has a climbing bar that moves out of the wayand it weighs in at 21 lbs. Only 2 lbs heavier than the lone wolfe for a lot cheaper. If I buy one It will be the summit.

JMHO
Old 02-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

I do not have either of the stands, I use LW sticks and a Tree Saddle, but....... If you guys that buy a new bow every other year are complaining about spending an extra $100 to get something you MAY not like as well??? That's just dumb IMHO. Being able to get into the woods, up the tree, and ready silently SHOULD be at a higher priority! LIke I said, I have not used either, but I think I would get the one that packs better and is quieter over more comfy. That's just me though, I only do all day sits a few times a year. Good Luck!
Old 02-24-2009, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

I like Summit tree stands. I have hunted out of a Summit Viper SS and its very comfortable. Right now, I own a Summit Open Shot. If I ever decide to buy a new one, I will stick to Summit.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:25 PM
N2D

I used the LW sit and climb most of this past season. Not only is it quiet going up the tree, it will not make any noise when you move around. Also, and this is a big plus for me, is that it packs and sets up very quiet. I have a more comfortabe stand but I have no problem staying up in my LW for long hours at a time. For me, being quiet is first on my list.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Spike

i bought a summit razor ss before last season and absoulutly love it... used my bro inlaws older steel viper and it is very comfy as well as my razor. have not used a lone wolf so i cant say anything good or bad about them, but i love my summit.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Spike

OL'MAN All the way!

http://olmanoutdoors.com/stands/climbers/ALCTS
Old 07-21-2011, 01:00 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
Actually,after further thought on the matter of climbing stands. If I could design the perfect climber, this is what it would consist of. First and foremost, it would have to fold flat for backpacking. Secondly, I would prefer it weighed no more than 18lbs. It would have no loose parts or pins to fumble around with in the dark, assemble and climb quietly, and last of all, have some way to start your stand level and continue to level as you ascend the tree. The closest I ever came to that was the North Starr Treecat climber. But it was awkward to climb with and the leveling system they used, a bungee system, didn't really work that well. I sold it on ebay after one use. I think North Starr is no longer in business. If anyone has a suggestion with the above mentioned specs. let me know. I would probably buy one. I applogize if I am hijacking the thread,I was just sort of thinking out loud.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
I know this is an old thread, but if you read this Jim check out http://www.buckshot-stands.com/ I dont personally own one, have seen it in person and looks pretty solid, Just had a summit goliath gave to me so had no reason to buy another climber atm.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Spike

I am still using my 2006 summit and its still as good as the day I bought it other than the paint peeling off , but thats a simple fix with some flat paint . Very comfortable , Trust me I have put many hrs of sleep in it from 4:30 am until legal shooting time . it packs up pretty quite but its big because it doesnt pack flat . less than 16# and super stable in the tree , Some of the newer lone wolfs were made over seas, cheap hardware etc , my understanding is there made back in the US now and are better quality . Summit for me though its been one hell of a climber
Old 07-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Typical Buck

I have to agree with 4evrhtn about the Goliath, especially if you are on the bigger side (as I am). Very comfortable and solid. On the other hand, I can't compare it to a Lone Wolf, as I've never used one.

Quick Reply: Debating Which stand Summit or Lone Wolf ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.