Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Debating Which stand Summit or Lone Wolf ? >

Debating Which stand Summit or Lone Wolf ?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Debating Which stand Summit or Lone Wolf ?

Old 01-10-2009, 02:37 PM

Default Debating Which stand Summit or Lone Wolf ?

I am torn between the Lone Wolf Sit and Climb and The Summit Viper SS. Will be used only for Bowhunting.

I like the light weight of the Lone Wolf and a few other features but I have not had the chance to sitin one. The Summit I have sat in and it was very comfortable. And I had plenty of room to move around in.

My Biggest Question .. Is the Lone Wolf Sit and Climb as comfortable to sit in as the Summit.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Debating Which stand Summit or Lone Wolf ?

Zarn,

No it isn't, unless you weigh 200lbs or less. I have owned both stands and I think there are advantages to both. As far as packing in and out, you can't beat the LW. But for comfort, the Summit is best. The LW is quieter IMO and climbs easier, probably because it is lighter. But for all day comfort, you can't beat the summit. I also think the summit is more solid in the tree. Just my opinion though. Hope this helps.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 01-10-2009, 02:51 PM
Typical Buck

Haven't used a Lone wolf but heard they are pricey in comparison to other manufacturer's models. I was going to buy the Summit Viper as well but the guy I was talking to about it said I should go with a Goliath. I am 5' 10" 193 lbs. I have no regrets about taking his advice. The extra room is nice especially after you are in it for a couple hours. Now they have the Titan as well, haven't used one yet but want to check em out. I suggest getting the Goliath instead of the Viper if you are going to purchase a Summit.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually,after further thought on the matter of climbing stands. If I could design the perfect climber, this is what it would consist of. First and foremost, it would have to fold flat for backpacking. Secondly, I would prefer it weighed no more than 18lbs. It would have no loose parts or pins to fumble around with in the dark, assemble and climb quietly, and last of all, have some way to start your stand level and continue to level as you ascend the tree. The closest I ever came to that was the North Starr Treecat climber. But it was awkward to climb with and the leveling system they used, a bungee system, didn't really work that well. I sold it on ebay after one use. I think North Starr is no longer in business. If anyone has a suggestion with the above mentioned specs. let me know. I would probably buy one. I applogize if I am hijacking the thread,I was just sort of thinking out loud.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 01-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think you should really take a good look at the treewalker climbers. Dan (meanV) suggested them to me when i was looking for a climber. Now i dont actually own one yet and i havent use one but they look awsome and i cant wait to get one.http://www.treewalkertreestands.com/
Old 01-10-2009, 08:01 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

No it is not. If comfort is your primary concern go with the Summit.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MOhunter46

I think you should really take a good look at the treewalker climbers. Dan (meanV) suggested them to me when i was looking for a climber. Now i dont actually own one yet and i havent use one but they look awsome and i cant wait to get one.http://www.treewalkertreestands.com/
They are real popular in this area and many guys are selling their previous stand to buy one.

Very Nice!!

Dan
Old 01-10-2009, 09:25 PM

I also came across this Climber the M-1 Millennium. It packs well only issue I could see was the weight.

http://www.huntingsolutionsusa.com/products/product.php?id=13

If anyone has any experience with the Millennium please share.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:04 AM
Typical Buck

Looks like a folding chair from a banquet hall. Seems to be awkward by design and not as sturdy as the first 2 stands you originally asked about. Just by looking at it I know that thing will not be as comfortable as any of the Summit stands. I have used alot of different stands and by far I like the summits the best, for comfort, climbing, safety, quietnessand ease of carrying.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Spike

Summit all the way,I have a lone wolf sitnclimb.I used it once very uncomftorable and not as solid as a summit.Plus you can use the bar on the viper for your gun or bow.I have had the viper since they switch from steel to aluminum.

Quick Reply: Debating Which stand Summit or Lone Wolf ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.