Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Extreme sight problem

Old 01-10-2009, 12:56 PM

Default Extreme sight problem

i recently got a new 4-pin extreme sight put on my bow and i had vibration/noice when i shot it and i was frustrated so i took it to the dealer the next day to see wat the problem was and it turned out it was the plastic piece on the sight. the dealer said he had complaints from other hunters and told me the glue holding the piece was coming loose so he took it off and its all good now and i was wondering if anyone else had the same problem
Old 01-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Extreme sight problem

I have a Sword illuminated 4 pin .019 sight. I had a deer come in at 15 yds and I couldn't see my pin. I turned the sight on and drew back again and it looked like I had a traffic light in the blind with me. Couldn't see anything but the pins. I went back to the lodge and cut all the fiber optic cables except the 20 yd pin, now it works great. I suggest anyone using a multi pin illuminated sight to consider doing the same. The other pins aren't an issue when shooting at Dart systems but in a dark blind with little ambient light anda dark target it blinds you. Why you need a 30 or further yd pin illuminated makes no sense to me. At 20 you can still place a confident shot, at 30 or 40 yds it's hard to determine what it is you are shooting at in low light.

How do you like your 09 Admiral? I have one as well and absolutely love it. Trying to go back to rest from full draw is a littleaggressive once the let-off decreases. But for the speed and silence of the bow I will gladly deal with it.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

me and so-called hunter got our bows at the same time, i can safely say for him that he loves it... as do i=)
Old 01-12-2009, 05:02 PM

O yes yes it is awsome
Old 01-15-2009, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure what part you meant, but I did have an issue with the level on my Extreme sight coming off. I'm thinking they got a bad batch of glue or someone wasn't putting enough of it on. A little super-glue gell and all was good again!
Old 01-15-2009, 09:34 AM
bigcountry

Plastic piece?? You mean the rubber protecting the fibers? The fibers? Or the plastic level?

Old 01-16-2009, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

when the sight was on the bow it was a piece on the right side of his sight, a guard of some kind, idk what its purpose was because my extreme sight doesnt have one and i love it, but its a cpl years old.. it vibrated when he shot, so he took it off and the sight works fine now