Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

loop or ultra-nok

Old 01-06-2009, 08:03 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: loop or ultra-nok

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/product_info.php?products_id=896

sorry, I missed this. This is the stuff I and millions of other happy d-loop shooters shoot .

ORIGINAL: Warden41272

ORIGINAL: Mikey S.

loop. use the BCY colored stuff, not that rigid camo material.
Could you perhaps provide a link to what you use? I'm currently using the Cir-Cut brand of string loop material. It's the best I've found for "buttoning" when I melt it; plus, I really like how stiff and creep-free it is. It makes attaching the release a snap, particularly in the stand on a cold morning, doesn't shift much, and seems to stay pretty stiff and stretch-free over lots of shots. It's "camouflaged", sort of. I like the Cir-Cut stuff a lot, but I'm always wondering if there's something better out there. I have to agree with a string loop over a metal loop...the metal loops are basically crap. I've tried them, and had two problems: first, my release wouldn't work with it. I shoot a Scott Mongoose (although, when I tried the metal loop, I was shooting a Scott Sabertooth), and second, they're noisy. Imagine clanking a metal loop to a metal release when a trophy 12 point is staring at you (No, it didn't happen, but I'm imagining).
Old 01-06-2009, 11:00 AM
Spike

Default RE: loop or ultra-nok

try holding a lighteron theloop it will harden and yhe ultra nocks have known to faile