Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Piston hammer broadheads????? >

Piston hammer broadheads?????

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Piston hammer broadheads?????

Old 10-25-2008, 07:01 PM

Default Piston hammer broadheads?????

Whats the deal with piston hammer broadheads??? if i buy them, will i be getting the same head as the trophy ridge undertaker?...or is there a diffrence???
Old 10-26-2008, 07:39 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Piston hammer broadheads?????

they are the same. for 09 Trophy Ridge renamed the Undertaker to the "meat seeker" I think,and they also offer a 2 blade version for 09. Their website is updated for 09, all the heads are there.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:24 AM

thanks mikey s i just orderd a pack...does anyone have and pics of entry or exit holes of these things????
Old 10-26-2008, 08:30 AM
Typical Buck

I smoked a doe with them 2 weeks ago. It was a decent hole, nothing really earth shattering,but I liked the results. I have a thread about it here.....

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3095280&mpage=1&key=undertake&am p;#3095280

Old 10-26-2008, 10:55 PM

I have hunted hard for over 20 years and was very skeptical of mech.heads. I belive there is no other mech.headengineered like the undertaker .I love the tip on it. the way it opens,and never a problem in the quiver,deadly accurate,and it leaves holes that look like a deerslug.I was always a fixed blade shooter until last year,now I shoot the undertaker/pistonpoint i have personally killed multiple deer with it with no problems at all.I just need to order replacement blades after a kill. I keep thinking about the grzztricks but there is no need as long as I can get my hands on the undertakers...
Old 10-27-2008, 06:27 AM
Typical Buck

Blades were a little tricky to find..........till I used my head. I went to two local dealers, and they both said they were on backorder from TR, and couldn't get 'em. I emailed TR, and they no way they are backordered,and to call Lancaster Archery. I had 'em the next day. Lancaster has them guys, if you need blades. They come with 9 blades, a bunch of rubber bands, spare screws, and a little screw driver.

I think sometimes dealers are just lazy, and don't want to order stuff. Oh well, they didn't make any cash off me.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:31 AM

what prevents them from closing once there opened..like after going throw a deer how do they stay open????
Old 10-27-2008, 11:01 AM
Typical Buck

look at the broadhead while it's rubber-banded closed. The front head,(which holds the blades) is separated from the back piece. Upon impact, the force pushes the front head piece back, against the back piece, ramming the blades open. it will stay open as long as their is pressure on the front head piece. however, they will bent forward when pulling from a target.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:22 PM

If you take your arrow and put the piston/point against something solid and start pushing the shaft towards the point it willactually lock open there is a notch on the backside of the blades that seat against the insert. it works....
Old 11-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

does anyone remeber the punch cutter broadhead and then the better but still poorly tipped bloodtrailer broadhead. these ideas are not really new. rage heads are a rip of rocky mountain snypers (which are better heads anyways)

i just dont like the steep blade idea on some heads goes from furlue to wide balde more angle would penitrate better id think