Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Original Bear Truth opinions? >

Original Bear Truth opinions?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Original Bear Truth opinions?

Old 10-11-2008, 07:07 AM

Default Original Bear Truth opinions?

Can anyone give me some input on the Bear Truth bow? I have heard that it is a better product than the Truth 2 and I have a chance to buy one that is new "old stock" at a shop. Also, what would be a good price on an '07 bow?
Old 10-12-2008, 10:42 PM

Default RE: Original Bear Truth opinions?

It is a good bow, but the Truth 2 is a better bow IMO. I had the original Truth for a while, but sold it once I picked up the Truth 2. You should be able to pick up a new Truth 1 for less than $300, but you can find some smokin deals on a Truth 2 now as well. Either look on eBay or go to www.archerytalk.com classifieds.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:02 PM
Fork Horn

I have one and really love it... Enjoy the way it shoots and the speed is fine. I'm shooting 290fps right now, 30" 70lbs and well over 5 gains per pound on arrow weight.. Anyway, great bow but you will have to replace the string, the factory one is horrible. I would go ahead and put a good string on it the day you get it because you will after a few hundred shots anyway so might as well and set it up only one time... let me know if you have any more ????.... Also, Bear Archery's customer service is the best there is...
Old 10-13-2008, 09:58 AM

Guys, thanks for the replies. I had heard that the Truth 2 had a major problem with the cams wearing out the servings in short order. Is this fact or just rumor?
Old 10-13-2008, 10:03 AM

ORIGINAL: nralover

Guys, thanks for the replies. I had heard that the Truth 2 had a major problem with the cams wearing out the servings in short order. Is this fact or just rumor?
That problem was with the original Truth. I haven't heard of a real issue with the Truth 2. I've had normal serving wear with mine.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:11 AM

Is there a really good string you can recommend for this bow?