Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Fred Bear Truth - opinions please >

Fred Bear Truth - opinions please

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Fred Bear Truth - opinions please

Old 03-05-2007, 06:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default Fred Bear Truth - opinions please

I am currently in the market for a new bow. I've visited a few bow shops and shot quitea few bows. I have developed something of an interest in the Fred Bear Truth bow but I wanted some input before I spend the money (actually I have been a Hoyt shooter for years and years). I read somewhere that there was a need to watch the Truth bow for cam and string issues (no real clue what was meant by that). So....any experience with the Truth bow would be appreciated!
Old 03-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Spike

Default RE: Fred Bear Truth - opinions please

i just bought the truth bow. shoots fast andquiet. i havent heard anything negative about the bow.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:47 PM

I own the Fred Bear "Truth". I think it is a great shooting quiet bow. I don't think you can beat it for the price. Theres not any cam problems on the bow that I know of. The only problem I know of with all Fred Bear bows if that the serving gets pinched in the module when ever you draw the bow back, which causes the serving to come un-done. Me and my brother-n-law figured out how to fix that problem. We took the module off and polished it with a polisher on a dremel tool, after that we re-serverdthe stringand shot the two bows and never had the problem again. I do have to say that Fred Bear tech support was not helpfull at all when I called them to ask about the problem. Just so you know I own the "Truth" and my brother-n-law owns the Instinct.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks! With the limited understanding of the comment about the cam and whatever, your explination sounds about right! A young friend of mine shot his new Truth bow tonight and I was very impressed!