Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

oh no what did I do?

Old 09-21-2008, 07:19 AM
MJ1

Default oh no what did I do?

I just switched from Mathews to Parker. I am having buyers remorse. Parker shooters please reply and let me know everything will be alright.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:42 AM

Default RE: oh no what did I do?

MJ,
I am looking to go from Parker to Mathews. I considered the Parker to be my intro bow and then I would move up. I can't tell you one over the other. All I know is that out of the 30 guysat hunt camp- 28 had Mathews, one had Hoyt, and I had the Parker. Made me wonder.

Old 09-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Fork Horn

My bro in law has the parker legend and its a nice bow.. shoots quiet and smooth. But personally I would perfer the mathews over the parker anyday. But I like Hoyt over both of those[8D]
Old 09-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Spike

Dont let it get to you. If you shoot good with it and you like it thats all that matters. I have shot Mathews for 10 years and just switched to Bear and dont regret it at all. Dont get me wrong they are a great bow but just because everyone else has one that doesnt mean you have to. Good luck with your parker!!
Old 09-30-2008, 09:40 PM

I have a Parker and a PSE. The Parker is a great bow, and I can shoot well with it. The PSE's just faster, and waaaaaaaaaaaay more expensive. Is it worth the extra money? No. I love both bows, and I'm sure both will do what I want them to do, which is cut "X"s and drop deer. Pretty much the same with Mathews Vs. Parker...Mathews spends way more on advertising, and has lots of adherents. Based on 3D matches with me and friend of mine (a multiple 3d champion), it doesn't shoot much better. And although I've never needed it, Parker's customer service is legendary. Stick with the Parker, and eff the 28 Mathewses. They're great bows, but they primarily have snob appeal. Parker makes a great shooting bow, with pretty much flawless workmanship. Best bow for the money, IMO. No, Parker doesn't offer most of the "newest technology", but they make a great, smooth, hard shooting bow, and they're a great value, too.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:35 AM
Typical Buck

i can't say anything for parker, never shot one. but i do know i just went from pse to a mathews dxt and the difference to me is phenomonal. i can do things with that mathews i could never dream of doing with my pse. theymake an awesome bow with the latest technology. the factthat they've won more archery competitions than all the otherbow brands combined should tell you something.i don't necessarily agree with the comment about mathews having "snob appeal", either. i shoot a mathews, along with several of my friends, and i don't think any of us are what you would call a snob just because we are dedicated enough to the sport to want to shoot some of the best equipment out there
Old 10-01-2008, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

had the chance to go to mathews and didnt....do not like their bows at all.....or as of the last time ai switched bows....hoyt or parker or the house brand bow that gander mt carries
Old 10-01-2008, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

For the difference in $$ I'll take the Parker. I bought my bow several years ago because I liked the bow and the price. It didn't matter what name was on it. I killed way more deer with my starter PSE than I have with this Reflex.
Like what you want.
Brian

Old 10-01-2008, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

Ive been shooting Mathews bows for a long time and dont see myself switching, A friend of mine has a parker and its a great bow and it shoots well. Yes there are differences in the two, but it is suttle and more of a fine tuning thing, however i just checked out the prices on Parkers compared to a compariable Mathews and Parkers are Pricey!!! ouch.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:28 PM

ORIGINAL: StruttinGobbler3

i can't say anything for parker, never shot one. but i do know i just went from pse to a mathews dxt and the difference to me is phenomonal. i can do things with that mathews i could never dream of doing with my pse. theymake an awesome bow with the latest technology. the factthat they've won more archery competitions than all the otherbow brands combined should tell you something.i don't necessarily agree with the comment about mathews having "snob appeal", either. i shoot a mathews, along with several of my friends, and i don't think any of us are what you would call a snob just because we are dedicated enough to the sport to want to shoot some of the best equipment out there
Didn't mean snob appeal to sound so negative. What I was meaning was that Mathews is a "name" (although I will admit to liking their bows, too), that some people think automatically means a better bow. Mathews deserves their following, but they won't be best for everyone. I shot several before deciding on the PSE, including a Bear, Mathews, and Bowtech. Anyhow, all I really meant to say was that the Parker is a very fine bow, and will perform well in the hands of a skilled archer, even if it's not as widely known, and wanted to give encouragement to the guy who bought a Parker that yes, he owns a quality bow, and it's in no way inferior just because he's the only guy at his hunting camp that has one. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. I checked a guy today who killed a really nice 6-point with a 1991 High Country shooting 2417 Easton aluminums and Muzzy 100 grain broadheads...so it ain't the equipment, it's the shooter.