Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 New Slick Trick Razor Tricks >

New Slick Trick Razor Tricks

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

New Slick Trick Razor Tricks

Old 09-17-2008, 09:13 AM

Default New Slick Trick Razor Tricks

Has anyone been able to try out the new Slicks Razor Tricks yet? They kept getting delayed in hitting the market but I see that several vendors now claim to have them in stock. I like the cut on contact style broadhead and was wondering if these new razor tricks fly the same as the originals and are just as durable. They cost the same as the originals do so I may just try to get some and do a review if no one else has yet.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New Slick Trick Razor Tricks

I'll be shooting the new Grizz Tricks this year. The Razor Tricks do fly nice and are a Great looking head though.

I have both Grizz Tricks and Razor Tricks currently in stock.

Dan

Old 09-30-2008, 07:36 AM

I had previously asked on this forum if anyone had tried the new Slick Trick Razor Tricks yet due to their delayed release and not many being in stock. I have always preferred a "cut on contact" type of broadhead and these new Razor Tricks looked pretty good. There were no immediate replies but to my surprise I received an answer from the Slick Man himself saying he now had some in stock. So I ordered a half dozen to try them out.

The first thing I did was open the package (three per pack) without looking real good and four tiny stainless steel screws went flying down to the floor. The two stainless steel blades are connected and held together by these screws. They give you the hex key as well as an extra screw in the package. Well I finally found the screws and started putting them together. One complaint a few years back was people didn't think Slicks were sharp enough but I'll tell you these babies are right out of the package!!! The screw is fairly easy to put into the body and it locks the blades tight.

So I went outside with my Excal Exocet crossbow with a factory stock Excel string and put them on my Gold Tip arrows with 2" Blazers that weigh in a total of 400.5 grains. I shot two different types of foam targets and my arrows went in both past the fletching. The heads fly exactly where my field points do so they are just as accurate as the original Slick Tricks. The pratice head has held up great and after many shots both blades are still snug and tight. I didn't try anything fancy like shooting tires or plywood but stayed with my broadhead targets. Like the regular Tricks, they do look kind of small sitting on a 20" arrow but if they leave a blood trail like the originals then they are o.k. by me. So I'll be using them this Saturday, October 4th when our bow season opens in Virginia. If I get anything with them during the season I'll update this post with the results.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck, they look like an awesome head. I wish Bass Pro Shop would carry Tricks, I get so many reward points from them that it's hard to pay cash elsewhere. I just bought Phat heads for that reason, but I really would have prefered Razor tricks.