Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Does Under Armour really work? >

Does Under Armour really work?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Does Under Armour really work?

Old 09-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Host of Hosts

Default Does Under Armour really work?

I don't know if this topic has been asked before as I didn't take the time to look. Anyway it was a bit cool here in PA today reminding me of what's coming. COLD WEATHER.

My new job will have me working outdoors at times and other times right next to an open overhead door this winter. I can't wear alot of bulky clothing due to no room to work on the equiptment as it is.

Does the Under Armour line of clothing really make that much difference or should I spend my money on the old thermal underwear? I don't really like things tight against my skin like the UA line, but if it works I could probably deal with it. Any suggestions?
Old 09-16-2008, 03:58 PM

Default RE: Does Under Armour really work?

Does it work - yes. Will a set of long underwear do just as good of a job - yes. Now which will be cheaper and easier to replace? I'll admit I own and use both. I like the UA for bowseason just because it's so light and not bulky at all. But here's a tip, go find the stuff by Athletic Gear (Wally World brand) its between 1/2 and a 1/3rd the price of UA and really is the same stuff. I picked up two heavier long sleeve tops that are about the perfect weight for wearing under a light jacket, until the temps get real low. I got the two for $15 plus tax. You won't find UA for that price.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:13 PM

As said, works very well. But, very overpriced and very hyped. So, if you are into looking good for your deer, go for it....
Old 09-17-2008, 06:30 AM
Fork Horn

as said above.... go to wally world and get it. Its the same stuff, just 9 bucks instead of 30! I always get 2 sizes up so its not so tight. As you said, I dont like tight stuff. I still wear thermos though when its very cold out though. I only use the underarmor type stuff when its early season and hot out. They also make loose gear now which fits very well But still, its pricey
Old 09-17-2008, 06:52 AM

I have an UA shirt thatI like because it wicks the sweat away from my body. Really, any brand of the same material will do the job; you're just paying a lot for the name with UA.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:04 AM

ORIGINAL: Crazyfarmer

as said above.... go to wally world and get it. Its the same stuff, just 9 bucks instead of 30! I always get 2 sizes up so its not so tight. As you said, I dont like tight stuff. I still wear thermos though when its very cold out though. I only use the underarmor type stuff when its early season and hot out. They also make loose gear now which fits very well But still, its pricey
This reminds me, they do make stuff that is for Hot weather, and separate stuff that is for cold weather. So make sure you know what exactly you're holding before you buy. I find that the Cold weather gear is much nicer than the Hot weather gear. The material is not only thicker, but the stitching on all of my cold gear (both wally brand and UA) is much nicer than the hot gear. Just an observation.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:29 AM
Typical Buck

Under Armour works great, However if you get the cold gear UA it is different then the Walley World crap. Thats the reason it cost more. The regular compression shorts which most people wear playing sports is good, but UA cold gear is worth the money. I wear it in the dead of winter sometimes two layers of it, with only one outer layer and i stay warm. I also use it hunting out west, stuff is way better then cotton crap, cotton kills as they sayfrom the rockies west. Cold gear is worth the money, the other stuff is the same though.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Crazyfarmer

Crazy,
There is actually a benefit from the tight fit. A tight fit will draw all of the moisture away from your body. A very loose fit will leave pockets of moisture against your body which will negate it's intended purpose. I'm not saying that the loose will not do a pretty good job i am just pointing out that there is a reason they are made to fit snug

To the original post, Does it work?
Yes. it does. I have seen a big difference since i began to use it. It's not so much that the material is warm (try standing out in the cold with just the tight shirt on) It works because it moves the moisture away from your body.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:34 PM
Typical Buck

As said, I worn the cold gear this bow season. I usually get cold in the morning. This year I tried the UA cold gear and then added couple layers of thermal. I stayed warm on the stand. So, yes it works. Oh, I also had the UA glove on (just the glove). My fingers like it. Before, my fingers were frozen with other brand of glove.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:28 PM

The cold gear works great but must be worn close to the skin (tight) in order to wick the moisture way.

Quick Reply: Does Under Armour really work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.