Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Slick Tricks w/ WB and Blazers? >

Slick Tricks w/ WB and Blazers?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Slick Tricks w/ WB and Blazers?

Old 09-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Spike

Default Slick Tricks w/ WB and Blazers?

I shoot 55/75 Goldtips with Blazers and a WB rest. I have always shot Spitfires andtried to switch to Slick Tricks last season and couldn't get them to group or hit like field tips. Is it possible that I need to switch to 4" vanes to control the Slick Tricks? I've had trouble with the WB tearing up the front part of the AAE Elite 4" vanes so I switched to Blazers last season.

Also, I have a NAP Quick-Tune Drop Away 4000 that I'm notusing because I like the WB for hunting.

Thanks.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:26 PM

Default RE: Slick Tricks w/ WB and Blazers?

I have slick tricks and i use speed hunter vanes by quick spinsand my slick ticks fly like field points. If they don't fly write there is something wrong with your arrowor your bow is not tuned and if your bow is tuned and your arrow is fine spin test your broadheads thats what i do and mine fly where my field tips hit out to 60 yards
Old 09-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Slick Tricks w/ WB and Blazers?

make sure you spin test those slicks. If you see any wobble its not gonna group. If it wobbles, just loosen and spin that washer. My slicks grouped 2 inches at 30 yards. But, that group was about 3inches to the right and high. One hellova group, but not the same spot as my fieldtips. Now the rage heads I used hit the exact spot as the fieldtips. If they are grouping well, just adjust your sights and start shooting one of the slicks as a practice head. Next week ill start shooting my bheads only untill season gets here