Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Summit Side Bags Or Front Bags >

Summit Side Bags Or Front Bags

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Summit Side Bags Or Front Bags

Old 03-12-2003, 08:23 PM

Default Summit Side Bags Or Front Bags

I have a Summitt Viper climbing stand, and would like to try one of their side bags or front bags for equipment storage such as face mask, call, release etc. I' m thinking the front bag may get in my way, and that the side bag would be more practicle....Do any of you have any experience with these bags you could share with me?
Old 03-12-2003, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Summit Side Bags Or Front Bags

I hunt from Summit Python and I purchased the side bags and was really disappointed in the quality. You could actually hold then up and see light throught the material. Needless to say they won' t last very long with all our briar patches here in Louisiana. The best accessory bag I have come across is an OL Man but you' ll have to improvise to attach to stand.
Old 03-13-2003, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

Suprisingly enough, as cheap as they may appear to be, the Summit side bags held up great for me last year, and that was getting drug through thickets, briars, etc. I was suprised they were not destroyed after a couple of weeks.
Old 03-13-2003, 05:35 PM

Last year I bought both the side and front bags for my Viper.I find that I use the front bag the most.

I use the side bags for the junk I realy don' t need. Love the Viper,and find the bags useful.

Old 03-13-2003, 10:14 PM

I love my side bags on my GOLIATH. I don' t know what I would do without them.

I had no quality issues at all with them.......and I had them stuffed with crap.

I open them up when I am all setup so if I want something it is right there. I left my grunt and can on one side and rangefinder on the other and can get to any one of them instantly.

The bags and traction tape is all I have bought accessory wise........may get a gun swivel this year.
Old 03-14-2003, 10:55 AM

I also have the side bags for my viper. I keep my release, quiver brackets, drag rope, hoist rope, face mask etc, etc, etc in one and lunch, snacks and something to drink in the other one. I also have the front bag but that seems to get in my way, when I have my feet on the foot rest relaxing (sleeping)
Old 03-14-2003, 02:28 PM

Thanks to all for he information...
Atlasman....Is that a heart shot in your picture?
Old 03-14-2003, 10:36 PM

Yea it is [8D]

First deer ever with a bow..........it was last year (my first at archery)

When I field dressed him I saw that the broadhead made a nice hole in the left lung.......then passed right through the heart and out the right lung.

Actually, it' s pretty funny when I think about it now because of this thread. I put the heart and lungs in a bag and stuffed them into one of my Summit side bags so I could take that picture when I got home.

One more use discovered

I am not sure if I have ever looked at that picture without smiling.

Old 03-15-2003, 06:18 PM

I also have a Viper and these side and front bags sound good, I' ve never
seen them though. Do they get in the way when you pack the stand up after
the hunt and how much do they cost?
Old 03-15-2003, 06:24 PM

deerdragr,
The cost of the * Side pouch for viper stand is $25.00...I believe the front bag
according to Summitt' s web site is a little less....I hope someone reply' s with the rest of your question....

Quick Reply: Summit Side Bags Or Front Bags

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.