Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Rinehart 18-1 Archery Target >

Rinehart 18-1 Archery Target

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rinehart 18-1 Archery Target

Old 07-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Spike

Default Rinehart 18-1 Archery Target

Has anyone used this yet? I would like to get a target that can do both broadheads and field tips without it being a pain in the butt trying to pull either one out. Most of what I've seen can handle one or the other, but not both, and have read a lot of complaints from people who have used targets that claimed to be able to handle both.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:23 AM

Default RE: Rinehart 18-1 Archery Target

This takes both fairly well. I have shot it several times with hellrazor fixed blade heads and field points and the material tends to heal it self over. I do have some chunks that have come out of this target from several hits in the same spot with a broadhead. Ido think it will out last most of my block type targets.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Spike

Are both broadheads and field points easy to pull out, or do i need to invest in a pair of vice grips and a set of chains to pull 'em out?
Old 07-31-2008, 07:19 AM
Typical Buck

They pull out pretty easy. Like he said, the broadheads will take a small chunk out from time to time, but they do guarantee the target for 1 year against passthru's so shoot away. My only "complaint" would be the yellow paint, it comes off in places after continous shooting, but nothing a spray can couldn't fix
Old 07-31-2008, 08:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

My only "complaint" would be the yellow paint, it comes off in places after continous shooting, but nothing a spray can couldn't fix
YEah, that tends to happend whtn you put holes through the paint.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:38 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

My only "complaint" would be the yellow paint, it comes off in places after continous shooting, but nothing a spray can couldn't fix
YEah, that tends to happend whtn you put holes through the paint.
LOL, guess I gave away the fact that I dont always hit the black "bulleye". The paint seems to come off in small sheets though, like it's not adhered real well to the foam
Old 07-31-2008, 11:57 AM

ORIGINAL: radlad31

Are both broadheads and field points easy to pull out, or do i need to invest in a pair of vice grips and a set of chains to pull 'em out?
They can stick and you might need a good arrow grip puller but that's all, no pliers needed.Some shafts that have a shiney coating on them and feel slick will pull out pretty easy compared to the shafts with a mate finish.