Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

bowtech General problem

Old 08-04-2008, 09:27 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: bowtech General problem

ORIGINAL: Bowhunter1591

no i can't, b/c its really none of your buisnes how old i am...im not that open much to give stalkersany info on myself
Then why did you pm me and tell me your 20?I sure didn't want your pm.I guess I am just curious why people bothers to lie on forums? You don't have to answer, it just makes me laugh a little. Inever liked that song by Brad Pasley, "much cooler online". But it rings true. Maybe insecurity.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:29 AM

know what im done talking about this, comment all you want back, but remeberim not going to respond
Old 08-04-2008, 09:36 AM

o im sorry, i dident know this was a forum about my age, sorry for lying about it...im surethat made a big diffrenceingu2506nquestion
Old 08-04-2008, 09:39 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Bowhunter1591

o im sorry, i dident know this was a forum about my age, sorry for lying about it...im surethat made a big diffrenceingu2506nquestion
No, it probably didn't make a big difference, but it does show what is out there and creditibility of internet advise. Sorry to have to use you as an example. It really wasn't personal or anything.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:48 AM

correct me if im wrong, but did i give him any advise on what to do in his situation, im not use to bows braking, so i wouldent know how to replie on that,so i told him i dident get it in the first placeb/c of all the reports on them, and that weird framedesign
Old 08-05-2008, 02:48 PM

got new limbs,cams,cable&string on my general at no chargeabout a week ago. The limbs have a pin in them about 1/4" in front of the axles.Bowtech sayes that this will fix the problem.I've shot it about 40 or 50 times sense then and so far no problems but i guess only time will tell. Has anyone heard of any problems with these limbs that have the pins installed in them? I hope not. I'm supposed to go on an elk hunt at the end of Sept.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

qu2506n do you have any pics of the limbs and the pins or axle area that you could show us? I have limbs on order,but I cant wait andI am curious to see what the fix looks like.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dbldroptine

qu2506n do you have any pics of the limbs and the pins or axle area that you could show us? I have limbs on order,but I cant wait andI am curious to see what the fix looks like.
Check the AT forums, they seem to have one or two every few days posted.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:44 AM

It looks like others are getting new limbs for their Generals as well. Apparently, the problem isn't being ignored. http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=732077
Old 08-06-2008, 06:06 AM
Typical Buck

You guys are crackin' me up. EVERY company has a problem now and then. That is common sense.

I only had one cracked limb in all the bows I have owned. It was a martin. They love to tell you about their laminated limbs being superior,etc. but I have had about 5 bowtechs now and not one problem. Doesnt that sound a little funny?

I also had an AR when they first came out. While shooting it one day I noticed that there were chunks cracking andfalling out of the riser. No kidding. That was more than a little freaky.

You also have to consider how many how many bows bowtech is selling. If they sell 100,000 generals and had a 1% failure rate (which any company would be happy to have) that equals out to 1000 bows. I have seen of maybe a dozenthreads who had limb failures with the general. That would be more like .0001% failure rate if they sell 100,000 of them which they probly have. Think about it guys.

Bowtech will take care of them. They always have.

And Dan knows what he is talking about. He isnt allowed to give out such figures cause he would get himself into trouble.

rick