Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

bowtech General problem

Old 07-25-2008, 12:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bowtech General problem

So far to date...I have not heard of Bowtech not taking care of these issues, they will take care of any issue of this kind, and they always have...I would not let this affect me in purchasing a Bowtech at this point. I have other bows with problems, I will not mention their names, and their CS was worthless...At least with Bowtech you do have some of the best customer service behind your bow...JMO
Old 07-25-2008, 06:48 AM

ORIGINAL: targethogs

So far to date...I have not heard of Bowtech not taking care of these issues, they will take care of any issue of this kind, and they always have...I would not let this affect me in purchasing a Bowtech at this point. I have other bows with problems, I will not mention their names, and their CS was worthless...At least with Bowtech you do have some of the best customer service behind your bow...JMO

They better be good with all the practice they get
Old 07-25-2008, 11:19 AM
bigcountry

I have a feeling some are overtightening the pivot arm allen screws. From what I understand, theydo move and should just a tad.That was the first thing I was warned about when I got a commander was do not mess with them. Just make sure they are not loose. Do not tighten them. And I have seen a bunch of bows where younguns have cranked them down to where it was smashing the plastic spacer.

I bet this is part of the issue.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:22 PM

Bigcountry you are exactly right. I brought this issue up just today to a bowtech dealer...I know..maybe a littel bias, but I do trust him and he knows what he's talking about. I'm hearing a lot of people talking about cranking every screw down tight on their bow and even puttin locktight on the screws. The pro said that this is the problem. The pivot arm screws should just be snug...not loose, but not tight. the pivot arm is supposed to move and if it is tight it won't and it will only allow thelimb to partially bend, thus putting way too much stress on the limbs, thus breaking the limbs. He also admitted that when the pivot arms came out on production, none of the dealers were telling the purchasers not to mess with the screws on the arms, and if for some reason they found the screws loose, to bring the bow back to the dealer to tighten. SO..if you find your screws loose on your General, take it back to the dealer so they can be tightened to the correct specifications! Just some inside info that hopefully helps someone.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PABowhunter4life

The General is a great bow but it definitely has limb issues. I have seen numerous posts with pictures and heard of many in my area as well. Bowtech had issues in '06 then seemed to fix them last year. That being said they took a step back with the General IMO. Look at how much stress is on the limbs and cables while the bow is at rest, then just imagine how much stress is on them at full draw.
You need to get your Facts straight John! I happen to know different

Welcome to the forum 2506!!

Dan
Old 07-27-2008, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm no expert, but it appears to me the center pivot arm limb pockets pivot at the C clip axle through the arm itself. Not at the pockets. Mine were looser than I cared for when rec'd it. I tightened them down, but didn't crank on them hard. More like good & snug figuring cranking them down too hard could either strip the screw or crack the pocket. But if this is the case, then Bowtech does need to let their customers know this.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

i got my general in march and have probably put 2000+ shots on it and havent had any probs (prob. will blow up tomorrow!!!) but it seems to me bolts come loose rather easy in certain spots. i check it every other time i shoot or so and tighten them to make sure. i think everyone should practice that kind of prevenative maintinace on any bow though. i love my general and am not biased to it by any means, and am still happy i bought it. but if it blows as long as they stay true on their part of the warranty i still will have no problem with it. if they try to just replace certain parts they are gonna eat it though b/c if my bow blows up i dont want some half assed hope this holds job done on it. just my .02
Old 07-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sent a E-mail question to Bowtech, asking how tight are the pivoting limb pocket bolts suppose to be. They replied the very next day. How many companies you e-mail with questions reply back that quick!! Anyways they wrote the bolts are only to be snug tightened, as too tight could crack the arm pockets.
I double checked mine again, and thats about where mine are set, maybe just a little more than snug. But they were definitly only finger tight when I rec'd it, and it only had maybe 6 shots on it.

I also stopped by my main archery shop to have him go over a used bow I picked up for my son. This shop sells Parker, Darton, and Whisper Creek. 1 of the new Parker's he sold only a few days before came back in pieces. It blew up. So now you Bowtech bashers, can go after Parker now!!!
Old 07-29-2008, 09:52 PM

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

The General is a great bow but it definitely has limb issues. I have seen numerous posts with pictures and heard of many in my area as well. Bowtech had issues in '06 then seemed to fix them last year. That being said they took a step back with the General IMO. Look at how much stress is on the limbs and cables while the bow is at rest, then just imagine how much stress is on them at full draw.

Dan

Hey man, I'm not bashing Bowtech lol. I just see a lot of issues with the General and like I said, I look at the thing at rest and it looks like it is ready to go off.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Dan

Hey man, I'm not bashing Bowtech lol. I just see a lot of issues with the General and like I said, I look at the thing at rest and it looks like it is ready to go off.
John, I know the real factsand many companies would be very pleased to have the numbers on any model in their lineup that the General has.

I think if you are going to make a post you should know the facts

Dan

Quick Reply: bowtech General problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.