Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

new sight opinion

Old 07-15-2008, 09:30 PM

Default new sight opinion

I'n in the market for a new sight to add to my PSE Diablo. I want to go with at least .019 pins and have been looking at the new Cobra sights such as the DR or DRM as well as the Sword Twilight. Does anyone have any opinions on either sight? Would it beneficial to go with the sword to get the .010 pins? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: new sight opinion

dont forget viper pro series. In my opinion, Viper and spothogg make the best sites on the market hands down, followed by sword.
The new cobras are pretty nice, but i think you would be more satisfied with one of these.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:53 PM

ORIGINAL: live2Draw

dont forget viper pro series. In my opinion, Viper and spothogg make the best sites on the market hands down, followed by sword.
The new cobras are pretty nice, but i think you would be more satisfied with one of these.
I've read that the spot hoggs are not bright without the wrap and Im not sure I want to spend $200 or more on a Spot Hogg and wrap. How are the Viper sights for brightness and price, any particular model? Would they requirea light. From what I have read, the Cobra sights are pretty bright. I use my bow only for hunting and maybe 3d if I ever get into it.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:31 AM
Fork Horn

I had a Cobra sight with .029 pins, and it was by far the brightest sight I have used. I was also looking at the DRM with the .019 pins, but someone posted here that they were haveing problems with it beeing noisy.Truglo makes some nice .019 pin sights that are bright as well. I want a 3 pin sight with .019 pins, and its near impossible to find. Everyone makes 5, and 7 pin anymore. So I went with the G5 with three fixed and one floater pin. Its o.k. but Im still looking as well. So far I like the Truglo best.