Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is your opinion of the "Hind Sight"? >

What is your opinion of the "Hind Sight"?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Love it, Greatly improved my consistency!
12.50%
Heard good things.
25.00%
Heard Bad things.
12.50%
Didnt do anything for me therefore a waste of money.
12.50%
Whats a "Hind Sight"?
37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

What is your opinion of the "Hind Sight"?

Old 09-14-2005, 08:01 PM

Default What is your opinion of the "Hind Sight"?

For those who answered "Whats a Hind Sight", a hind sight is basically a peep sight that instead of attatching to the bowstring attatches to the riser of the bow. It is supposed to make any tortion on the riser more detectable and therefore tightens your groups and makes you shoot more consistently.

I have heard good things about how they have tightened groups and made the difference between a 6" group at 30 yards and a 3". Since I am a relatively new shooter it has been recomended to me to diagnose any tortion I may be putting on the riser. I primarily use my bow for hunting and have a Cobra Venom sight currently installed. I just want to hear some more colorful imput before purchasing one, and I am especially interested to hear some negatives.

I just realised that this is probobly in the wrong section of the forum...
Old 09-14-2005, 08:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What is your opinion of the "Hind Sight"?

Tommy ...Tommy ... Tommy. You don't have all the appropriate voting possibilities. You left out, "It can't work as advertised. The sight plane axis is TOO dang short to improve your groups. I haven't tried one, I haven't bought one, no one I know of that knows anything about archery has bought one or tried one. In short... It's a gimmick." Now that one would get a LOT of votes.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

[:@]Yea what he said.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

thinking about trying one of those peeps with the cross in them instead of the circle
Old 09-15-2005, 08:25 AM

Davidmil I understand what you are saying about the sight axis being "too short" but I dont think that nececaraly makes it not work. For example, if you are ripping a 1'' strip of wood off of a 6' long board, you would measure in 1'' in two places and use a straight edge to complete the line. You would'nt do your two measurements close together because the wider you get the more acurate your line will be, but this dosnt mean that if your measurements are close together they would be usless, in fact if your measurements are precice then the line you would end up with would be very acurate.

What I mean by all this, is that it seems to me that just because the sight axis is short (~12'' rather than slightly less than your draw length) doesnt nececaraly mean that it would'nt help groupings.

P.S. The guy that I had heard the good things from still uses the peepsight on the bowstring as well as the hind sight.

Old 09-15-2005, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had no personal experience with the Hind Sight but I do know of one guy locally that uses one and likes it. On these forums you'll find alot more support for the Timberline No-Peep.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

in my opinion Hindsight is 20/20
Old 09-15-2005, 01:54 PM

I have one, it works, but not as well as a peep sight. I like the No Peep better to be honest. Still, I shoot more acurately with a peep sight than any of the alternatives.

After using the No Peep for a while I don't really need a peep for hunting distances. If I were to set up a bow again strictly for bowhunting I wouldn't bother with a peep sight at all or anything else.

Paul
Old 09-15-2005, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have honestly never heard of it. so i have no help to add
Old 09-15-2005, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not a gimick , A great tool for new archers , will teach you about grip toqure instantly .It does what a nopeep claims to do but does not .

If you own a mathews with their quality string[joke] and you dont want to buy a quality aftermarket string , its a great sighting alternative .

How can you voice an oppinion on something you have never used , several of the previous posters have done that .

Quick Reply: What is your opinion of the "Hind Sight"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.