Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Treestands

Old 07-13-2008, 08:15 PM

Default Treestands

What are yalls opinions on a good safe climbing stand for a person who is scared of heights. Had an ol'man fall out from under me years ago have not been in once since. I was looking at the new millineum climbing stand or the equalizer climber.

Thanks
Old 07-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Treestands

summit viper, great climber, lightweight at a mere 20#, i've used mine for five seasons now, killed 8 deer out of it and ive never had it slip on a tree, u can pick one up for around $250
Old 07-14-2008, 12:05 PM
Spike

Equalizer, solid as a rock and can be leveled as you climb by turning a crank.

https://www.equalizertreestands.com/
Old 07-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are a lot of good stands out there. Summit, Lone Wolf, Equalizer, Ameristep, Loggy Bayou, API, etc. etc. I'd say Summit is probably the most popular and for good reason. They have a good track record and are the best bang for the buck in my opinion with regards to quality, safety, simplicity and quietness. I've been using an API climber since 2003 and it's been great. Plenty of room, fairly easy to setup and rock solid in the tree. Only downside is that it weighs 33lbs which can wear you down on long hikes. Because of this I've been looking into the Summit and Lone Wolf stands as they are both lightweight and easy to carry.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I too vote for the Equalizer. Best stand I ever used!!!!! Hands Down!!!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 07-14-2008, 03:26 PM

I own several of both the Equalizer and Summit (Goliath, Bullet, 180SS). I think both are great stands. I just bought a new one for my 16 year old son. It was an Equalizer because it is just as stable (not as comfortable) as a Goliath but can be adjusted as you go and you don't have to start out on such an angle.
I don't fit well in a Lone Wolf so I cannot comment about it although several of my friends swear by them.

I had the old Baker stands go out from under me more than once, I know what you must have been thinking.

Good Luck,
DetLieut
Old 07-14-2008, 05:38 PM

Thanks guys
Old 07-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

I do not think you will find a safer, more solid stand than the Lone Wolf climber. I have also had one fall out from under me too, not the Lone Wolf. Thats why I bought the Lone Wolf. I have climbed trees with my Lone Wolf that I never would even thought of with my other climbers I've had. Man, they just grip awesome. It has never slipped on me. Anyway, I'm sure others will fit the bill, just my experience.