Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bear Bows

Old 09-16-2008, 09:33 AM

Default RE: Bear Bows

i got a fred bear element. i got a trophy ridge quiver and pendulum sight. i shoot gold tip arrows with a tru-fire release and muzzy broadheads. a whisker biscuit makes it complete. it is a smooth shooting bow. i need to make my draw lenght a little longer next year. but i love this bow. it is so smooth shooting and with the limbsaver leeches and split camb silencers it is so quiet. hoping to get a deer in kentucky and illinois this year.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:57 AM

Fred Bear Bows have really come around in the last 4-5 years. They are truly something to look closely at, as they build some very nice (and quiet!) bows for great prices!

I just picked up a 70lb Lights Out! for $263+ tax from a local shop.
I re-used my whisker biscuit and truglo sights, and bought a dozen GoldTips.
A new bowand new arrowsandset up for $350 out of pocket...!!!
It easily compares to other manufacturers packages in the $500-600 ranges. I get club members asking me if they can try my bow all the time...and I'm starting to see quite a few Lights Out!, Done Deal, and Truth 2 bows on my range...

Very smooth, very forgiving, and well made bows. I shot at least a dozen bows from other manufacturers in the $400-500 price range (bare), before settling on the Lights Out!
I feel like it was every bit as great of a bow, with just as much quality...at a much lower price.

I'm a fan of the new Bear bows.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:44 PM

i shoot the mathews drenalin but get out and shoot all the new bows see wat u likewatever ur price specs might be good luck
Old 09-19-2008, 04:19 PM

If you were considering the Truth 2 then maybe you should consider the one in my sig? It is comparable but way better quality!
Old 09-19-2008, 06:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

The only bow i have really ever hunted with is a Bear bow so I cannot give you much on comparisions.
I shoot an older bow called the Bear bruin and I love it.. I have had a lot of luck with that bow and will be trying it out again on Monday afternoon..
Old 09-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Spike

Ok so heres the deal! Due to personal reasons I haven't been able to buy a bow until this morning!!! Season opened last sat and it was the first opening day I have missed since I was 10. So I went this morning and bought the Bear Lights Out. A mid level bow but still very well made in my opinion. I set it up with a drop tine whisker buscuit, cobra sight, sims scoil stabilizer, kwikee kwiver, string leeches and axis arrows.I went early because I wanted to hunt this afternoon. I am always the first one to say you need to start shooting in the summer but like I said personal reasons prohibited me from it. So anyway, I went upstairs to the range and had it dialed in nice in less than a half hour. That wasnt good enough so I stayed for another 3 hours or so and put alot of arrows through it. The place I hunted this evening would provide a max shot of 25 yds so I focused on that. One pin flat to 25 yds. I will work on 30 and 40 tomorrow. Bow performed great. Quiet, forgiving and enough speed for me.I hunted this afternoon and sure enough, shot a nice doe at 25 yds. The 100 grain jackhammer found its mark and she went 50 yds and it was game over!!! I got some fresh meat in the freezer, earned my buck tag and am very happy with the Lights Out.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:23 PM

I have a bear instinct and love it! great bow for what the price... a great value thats for sure
Old 09-22-2008, 07:34 PM

ORIGINAL: MB77

So I went this morning and bought the Bear Lights Out. The 100 grain jackhammer found its mark and she went 50 yds and it was game over!!! I got some fresh meat in the freezer, earned my buck tag and am very happy with the Lights Out.
Shouldn't it have been lights out for the deer? Game over is a different Bear bow. Either way great choice in a bow.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Spike

OK OK you got me there!!!! It was lights out for her!!!! Happy!!!
Old 09-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dude,
You can't use Lighs Out and Game Over in the same sentence and think that you'r not going to confuse is Bear owners. But it is a good bow and that's the Truth

Quick Reply: Bear Bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.