HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bear Bows
Thread: Bear Bows
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 06:47 PM
MB77
Spike

Default RE: Bear Bows

Ok so heres the deal! Due to personal reasons I haven't been able to buy a bow until this morning!!! Season opened last sat and it was the first opening day I have missed since I was 10. So I went this morning and bought the Bear Lights Out. A mid level bow but still very well made in my opinion. I set it up with a drop tine whisker buscuit, cobra sight, sims scoil stabilizer, kwikee kwiver, string leeches and axis arrows.I went early because I wanted to hunt this afternoon. I am always the first one to say you need to start shooting in the summer but like I said personal reasons prohibited me from it. So anyway, I went upstairs to the range and had it dialed in nice in less than a half hour. That wasnt good enough so I stayed for another 3 hours or so and put alot of arrows through it. The place I hunted this evening would provide a max shot of 25 yds so I focused on that. One pin flat to 25 yds. I will work on 30 and 40 tomorrow. Bow performed great. Quiet, forgiving and enough speed for me.I hunted this afternoon and sure enough, shot a nice doe at 25 yds. The 100 grain jackhammer found its mark and she went 50 yds and it was game over!!! I got some fresh meat in the freezer, earned my buck tag and am very happy with the Lights Out.